Can FCC End the Retrans Wars?
- Tally key behavior. McGoldrick, Paul // Broadcast Engineering;Mar1999, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p366
Explains the importance of the tally key in television broadcasting. Overview of the tally system; How the system works; Significance of safety systems.
- Global sales top agenda for nets. De Pablos, Emiliano; Hopewell, John; Hudson, Peter // Variety;01/15/2001 Supplement, Vol. 381 Issue 8, p47
Reports on the shift in marketing focus of the television broadcasting industry in Spain to gain market share in the international television industry. Strategies of several television companies to sharpen their international television market focus; Technological innovations in television...
- Television stations. Rodriguez, Sandra D. // Caribbean Business;7/28/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p31
Profiles the television broadcasting industry of Puerto Rico. Competition among commercial television stations; Management changes.
- NBC affil fills role of ratings shield-bearer. C.B.; Brockinton, Langdon // MediaWeek;11/24/97, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p17
Features TVWise, a two-minute, nightly on-air prime-time program ratings capsule segment featuring information about television programs and its content ratings, produced by KSL-TV in Salt Lake City, Utah. Advance program information offered by KSL; about its prime-time programs; Description of...
- New polish terrestrial stays close home. Hope, Andy // Variety;02/02/98, Vol. 369 Issue 12, p25
Reports the launching of Nasza Telewisja (NT), a television station in Poland, on January 17, 1998. Claims of NT backers on prospects of the station; Ownership of NT; Competition among terrestrial television stations in the country.
- Minneapolis--St. Paul. Hudson, Eileen Davis // MediaWeek;11/27/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 46, p18
Discusses the state of the television broadcasting market in Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota. Characteristics of the two communities; Television networks; Ratings of television stations.
- TV rivalry hotter than Dutch `Love.' Edmunds, Marlene // Variety;06/22/98, Vol. 371 Issue 7, p30
Focuses on the Dutch channel SBS6's purchase of `All You Need Is Love' program. Battle between SBS6 and Veronica for audience share; Background on the two companies.
- Raleigh-Durham, N.C. Hudson, Eileen Davis // MediaWeek;01/21/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the combined broadcast television market for Raleigh and Durham in North Carolina. Number of households in the area; Changes in the morning news program in WTVD television station; Advantage of Very High Frequency broadcast television stations in the area.
- Eight channels better than one. Guldbrandsen, Christoffer // Variety;10/14/96, Vol. 364 Issue 11, p56
Focuses on developments related to television broadcasting in Denmark as of October 14, 1996. Television broadcaster TV2/Region's business operations; Launch of television stations.