Can FCC End the Retrans Wars?
- Boston duopoly doubles on local news. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;9/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p8
Reports on the developments on the local television broadcasting advisory in Boston, Massachusetts. Primetime broadcasting of WSBK-TV during Labor Day; Focus on the reorganization of WSBK-TV management programs; Acclimatization of the television viewers from the syndication community.
- Tally key behavior. McGoldrick, Paul // Broadcast Engineering;Mar1999, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p366
Explains the importance of the tally key in television broadcasting. Overview of the tally system; How the system works; Significance of safety systems.
- Global sales top agenda for nets. De Pablos, Emiliano; Hopewell, John; Hudson, Peter // Variety;01/15/2001 Supplement, Vol. 381 Issue 8, p47
Reports on the shift in marketing focus of the television broadcasting industry in Spain to gain market share in the international television industry. Strategies of several television companies to sharpen their international television market focus; Technological innovations in television...
- Television stations. Rodriguez, Sandra D. // Caribbean Business;7/28/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p31
Profiles the television broadcasting industry of Puerto Rico. Competition among commercial television stations; Management changes.
- If a duopoly is good, a triopoly may be better. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;2/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p19
Reports on shared talent resources for WFOR, WBFS and WTVX television broadcasting. Advantages of the approach; Remark of WFOR-TV General Manager Steve Mouldin on the approach; Proposed acquisition of WTVX by Viacom.
- NBC affil fills role of ratings shield-bearer. C.B.; Brockinton, Langdon // MediaWeek;11/24/97, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p17
Features TVWise, a two-minute, nightly on-air prime-time program ratings capsule segment featuring information about television programs and its content ratings, produced by KSL-TV in Salt Lake City, Utah. Advance program information offered by KSL; about its prime-time programs; Description of...
- Talkers play host at KCBS(TV). Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;07/21/97, Vol. 127 Issue 30, p60
Focuses on the promotional campaign launched by KCBS-TV in Los Angeles to introduce audience to its afternoon programming slate featuring shows hosted by Martha Stewart, Geraldo Rivera and Gayle King. Plans for using its new afternoon talents in often associated with music video networks;...
- New polish terrestrial stays close home. Hope, Andy // Variety;02/02/98, Vol. 369 Issue 12, p25
Reports the launching of Nasza Telewisja (NT), a television station in Poland, on January 17, 1998. Claims of NT backers on prospects of the station; Ownership of NT; Competition among terrestrial television stations in the country.
- Minneapolis--St. Paul. Hudson, Eileen Davis // MediaWeek;11/27/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 46, p18
Discusses the state of the television broadcasting market in Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota. Characteristics of the two communities; Television networks; Ratings of television stations.