- DEVELOPED FOR B&I, HIGHER ED.: Latin food makes a splash in display cooking stations. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p5
Deals with the Mundo Latino food program of Bon Appetit Management Co. for the corporate and higher education segment in the United States. Reason for setting up the program; Popular dishes offered; Standard items offered by the program.
- A good catch. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;11/5/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 44, p27
The article discusses the move of several chefs in the U.S. to use alternative seafood species. Some chefs do not prefer farm-raised fish because of their flavor and sustainability complaints. Some chefs are going directly to fishermen to have a choice in their menu. One of these chefs is Barton...
- Rising Stars: Barton Seaver. Sanson, Michael // Restaurant Hospitality;May2008, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p12
The article focuses on Barton Seaver, a chef in Washington, D.C. The Blue Ocean Institute, a national conservation group, honored Seaver as a culinary prophet for sustainable seafood. He offers daily seafood menu because of his commitment to preserving the ocean's treasures. He got hooked on...
- Bon Appetit accounts get local in challenge. // FoodService Director;11/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p16
This article focuses on the efforts of Bon Appetit Management Co. to promote the use of locally grown ingredients in preparing meals for their customers. Bon Appetit readily admits that the use of local ingredients helps the local farmer, who sometimes operates at a competitive disadvantage....
- Culture blending in B&I. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;4/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p52
Reports on restaurants in the U.S. offering a broader range of authentic Latino cuisine. Statement from Cuban-born Marta Hernandez, Eurest Dining's district chef for South Florida and Puerto Rico; Latino food that is popular at the Adobe CafÃ© station at the Oce Printing and Office Depot in...
- American takes pride in local efforts. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;11/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p11
The article focuses on the partnership of Bon Appetit Management Co. with universities and colleges and farmers to broaden their farm produce sourcing for its annual Eat Local Challenge luncheon in Washington. Its executive chef David Black and resident district manager Yvonne Matteson networked...
- FOOD & BEVERAGE DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/10/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 15, p54
The article cites news items related to food and beverages served in U.S. restaurants as of April 2006. Radisson Hotels & Resorts has launched a menu insert with items intended to be healthful. It was developed by The Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York. On-site operator Bon...
- FOOD RULES! Lawn, John // Food Management;Jan2002, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p14
Reports the reputation of Bon AppÃ©tit Management Co. on food management in Palo Alto, California. Annual sales of the firm; Number of employees; Foods offered.
- BON APPÃ‰TIT's 'BETTER WAY'. Pond, James // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p40
Reports on the food service business of Bon Appetit Management Co. Conviction of the company; Schools and corporate clients of the company; Efforts of the company to maintain customer satisfaction.