These Dinosaurs: Time to Tank 'Em
- T-Mobile, AT&T merger to draw torrent of opposition. Jerome, Sara // Hill;3/23/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p9
The article reports on the oppositions to the proposed merger deal between AT&T Inc. and T-Mobile USA Inc. in 2011.
- AT&T Drops Acquisition Plan, Citing Opposition. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;1/9/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p32
The article reports that AT&T Inc. has dropped the deal to acquire T-Mobile USA Inc. due to opposition from the U.S. Department of Justice and the Federal Communications Commission.
- After fast start, AT&T and T-Mobile settle in for a long haul. Burt, JeffreY // eWeek;4/4/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p20
The article focuses on the possible merging of U.S. wireless providers, AT&T Inc. and T-Mobile USA Inc., and on the reactions of federal regulators and wireless telecommunication industry over the merging. It states that the merge could push federal regulators to scour subscribers and...
- The AT&T/T-Mobile Merger: What Might Have Been? Stucke, Maurice E.; Grunes, Allen P. // Journal of European Competition Law & Practice;Apr2012, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p196
The case raises issues important in the USA but also in Europe as providers seek to concentrate worldwide to introduce new technology in a context where access to capital has become more difficult.For instance, how will authorities address the likelihood of negative coordinated effects attached...
- AT&T unscathed after first hearing. Jerome, Sara // Hill;5/12/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 63, p14
The article focuses on the first congressional hearing regarding the proposed merger of AT&T Inc. and T-Mobile USA Inc.
- WBR poll watch. Sandidge, Michael // Wyoming Business Report;Oct2011, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p25
The article presents the results of a public opinion poll on whether AT&T should be allowed to acquire T-Mobile in 2011.
- H'wood wary of AT&T buy. LOWRY, TOM // Daily Variety;3/21/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 55, p1
The article reports on the proposal of AT&T Inc. to purchase T-Mobile USA Inc.
- Mobile broadband brings economic opportunity and jobs. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;8/17/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 41, p4
The article reports on the essence of mobile broadband in providing job opportunities and improving the economy in Chicago, Illinois. It discusses the proposed merger of AT&T Inc. and T-Mobile which is expected to bring high speed mobile broadband to the people in the area and provide economic...
- GAO report could boost resistance to AT&T/BellSouth deal. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;12/4/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p15
This article discusses the effect of the U.S. Government Accounting Office's (GAO) report on special access market on the acquisition deal between AT&T Inc. and BellSouth Corp. GAO concluded that competition in the special access market is generally lacking in major U.S. cities. Sprint Nextel...