Instant Gratification Key to ITV
- 'Clunky' iTV fails to stir excitement in the living room. Kimberley, Sara // Precision Marketing;3/9/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p11
The article discusses the plunge of interactive television (iTV) in Great Britain. According to the author, competition from mobile marketing and the Internet clearly contributed to the decline. Edward Boddington, chief executive officer of Harvest Media Group, said that there is growing number...
- Sky boosts interactive TV by slashing ad rates. Webdale, Jonathan // New Media Age;12/4/2003, p1
Reports on the move of Sky to reduce the advertising rates in its interactive television. Benefits of the revised pricing policy; Plan to launch the iTV advertising channel developed by Zip Television; Remarks of Sky spokesman on the decision to reduce advertising rate.
- How to develop a general biology course for interactive television. Rogers, Bill // American Biology Teacher;Sep97, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p420
Gives instructions for the development of a biology course for interactive television. Information on the formats and design of the course; Examination of copyright issues; Benefits of interactive television in education.
- Which superhighway is it? GF // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 45, p44
Reports on the pessimistic view of cable industry's research consortium Cable-Labs regarding the potential of interactive cable. Lack of subscriber interest for the services; Change in the cost of building fiber systems and their reliability to improve video delivery.
- Web TV. O'Malley, Chris // Popular Science;Oct96, Vol. 249 Issue 4, p49
Reports on developments that will bring about a convergence of Internet and television. Surfing the World Wide Web on television screens; Multiple viewers of one Web page; Which companies are developing such technologies; Role of the cable companies; Efforts being made to work out the final...
- Interactive television. Murrie, Michael // Quill;Mar94, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p28
Discusses developments which reflect the entry of interactive television news. Videotron Ltd.'s offering of the first television news; Activities of newspaper that has something to do with interactive video news; Background on the company NuMedia, a venture by NBC and IBM.
- A new interactivity. Guy, Sandra // Telephony;10/27/97, Vol. 233 Issue 17, p22
Details the efforts of interactive television vendors in the United States to develop the technology. Effort of manufacturers to develop standards-based plug-and-play devices that can be operated through the television's remote; Offering of Internet access over cable networks by WebTV Networks...
- Columbus Dispatch owner to provide interactive TV. A.P. // Editor & Publisher;3/18/95, Vol. 128 Issue 11, p25
Reports on plans of the Columbus, Ohio-based Dispatch Printing Co. to create a subsidiary which will provide wireless interactive television services in the area. Use of interactive television to facilitate banking, home shopping and college registration services.
- Viewers ready to interact. Brown, Joel // Electronic Media;05/11/98, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p16
Presents information on Interactive Television which was show cased at the National Cable Television Association National Show during the week ending May 4, 1998. Indication that the Internet has taught consumer interactive programming; Suggestion that the way people watch television have...