No Home Left Behind
- FCC set to unveil rules for rural broadband fund. Svensson, Peter // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;11/2/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 32, p4
The article reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission will set new rules for governing phone companies and will also provide funds to support expansion of broadband in rural areas.
- A National Broadband Policy Should Build on Rural Legacy of Service. Bonstetter, Trevor // Rural Telecom;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p10
No abstract available.
- FCC program gets it right for rural. Rowley, Thomas D. // Telephony;4/9/2007 Supplement, Vol. 248, p32
The author comments on the "Pilot Program for Enhanced Access to Advanced Telecommunications and Information Services: A Rural Health Care Support Program" of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. He affirms that the program is a way to help rural areas connect inside and outside to the...
- Is there a doctor in the house? Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p10
The article reports on the policy ills confronted by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) that were lamented by members of the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee. These include the struggle of the U.S. in the global broadband stage as well as the failure of rural areas to catch up with...
- What Changes Are You Expecting From the New FCC? Hamaker, Christian // Rural Telecom;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p12
No abstract available.
- The VoIP Enigma. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;12/1/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 24, p8
Focuses on the ruling of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission regarding efforts of Vonage Corp. to provide Voice-over Internet Protocol service in Minnesota. Reason for the exemption of the company from traditional telephone regulations; Broadband technologies on which the voice...
- Over $32 million authorized to expand broadband access in rural Puerto Rico, Hawaii and Alaska from Connect America Fund. // Broadband Monthly Newsletter;Dec2013, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p7
The article reports on the $32 million funds to finance the expansion of broadband access for the unserved homes and businesses in Puerto Rico, Hawaii and Alaska by the Federal Communications Commission's Connect America Fund. It highlights the importance of broadband in the rural areas to...
- FCC: Rural Broadband Still Needs Gov't Push. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;6/27/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p5
The article focuses on the message of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) concerning rural broadband deployment. It says that FCC believes on more needed initiatives from the government such as Universal Service Fund reform despite the observation of progressive deployment. It also...
- New Frontier GC Connects Rural Americans. SEVERSON-GOLEMBA, STEPHANIE // InsideCounsel;May2010, Vol. 21 Issue 221, p86
The article provides information about Frontier Communications chief legal officer and executive vice president Kathleen Abernathy's passion to provide widespread broadband access to consumers in rural areas. It is noted that U.S. President Barack Obama ordered the Federal Communications...