Comic-Con: Not Just for Geeks Anymore
- Suits and Scripture Drive Cable's Quarter. KISSELL, RICK // Variety;4/9/2013, Vol. 319 Issue 3, p22
The article reports on the success of cable television channel USA Network for the first quarter of 2013, with an average 3.07 million viewers in primetime.
- Hooked up. Higgins // Broadcasting & Cable;01/17/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 3, p133
Presents news items related to cable television in the United States as of January 24, 2000. Includes appointment of Tim Brooks as senior vice president at Lifetime Television; Retransmission consent negotiations with satellite TV providers; USA Network Inc.'s acquisition of Precision Response...
- Diller wants Trio. Ross, Chuck // Electronic Media;05/15/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p1
Reports on United States-based cable television company USA Networks Inc.'s plan to acquire cable television channel Trio from North American Television as of May 15, 2000. Details of the purchase talks; Company background.
- 'CHARACTERS UNITE' ON TOUR. // Multichannel News;10/18/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p3
The article reports on the plan of USA Network and cable operators to launch a tour titled "Characters Unite," which would feature real-life personal experiences of discrimination and bigotry in five cities in the U.S.
- Wrestling in court. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/19/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 26, p8
Reports on World Wrestling Federation (WWF) executives Vince and Linda McMahon's response to USA Networks Inc.'s lawsuit challenging the decision of the WWF to take its programming over to the Turner Network Television's cable television network. Previous disputes between the McMahons and USA...
- BONNIE HAMMER'S HIT FACTORY. Roberts, Johnnie L. // Newsweek;7/20/2009, Vol. 154 Issue 3, p54
The article profiles Bonnie Hammer, the chief executive officer of the USA Network television station. Beneath her tutelage, the network has produced a consistent number of hit television programs. Controlled by the umbrella company NBC Universal, the USA Network is the top-ranked cable outlet...
- Herzog Keeps Returning to Comedy. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;2/2/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 5, p8
Looks at the possibility that USA Network president Doug Herzog will choose Comedy Central to become its president and CEO as his contract with USA Network expires in 2004. Reputation of Herzog in the field of TV broadcasting; His background in Comedy Central; Success of USA Network under...
- Cable Keeps Its Groove Going in '09. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/4/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p3
The article reports on the boost of the cable television industry in the U.S. in 2009. It states that the broadcast networks' ratings for the year had enormously increased, particularly the USA Network, which reached 60.7 primetime household share for the first time. It notes that the household...
- 10 BONNIE HAMMER. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;Dec2006 Women in Entertainment, p35
The article profiles Bonnie Hammer, president of the USA Network and Sci Fi Channel. The USA Network is pacing to be the number 1 cable network for the first time in six years, while Sci Fi successfully launched its first "Earth-based" series with "Eureka," part of an effort to expand the...
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.