- Cyberbullying - where does it end? HILSENBECK, KIM // Free Press (Buda, TX);9/26/2012, Vol. 110 Issue 26, p3B
The article informs about the increasing threats to middle school students regarding the cyberbullying in the U.S.
- Troll Patrol. Tuccille, J. D. // Reason;Aug/Sep2012, p13
The article reports that three students of the George Washington High School in San Francisco, California were suspended for three days for posting nasty comments about their teachers on the website Tumblr, but were taken back after civil liberties groups intervened.
- APPENDIX A: WITNESSES. // Brains Trust: Children;
An appendix is presented of witnesses or individuals including educators, academic institution officials, and students who participated in the study conducted by the Standing Senate Committee on Human Rights on cyberbullying in Canada.
- FOR YOUR DIARY. // PRWeek (London);6/21/2013, p15
A calendar of events for Great Britain and Europe in June 2013 is presented which includes the launch of the Stop Cyberbullying Day campaign in London, England, the Le Mans endurance race in Le Mans, France and the City of London Festival.
- Using Emerging Digital Technologies and Traditional Resources to Promote Cybersecurity: An Annotated Bibliography. LUTHER, FRANCES D.; BROWN, LINDA; CONNOR, KAREN; HANSON, ILONA; MADDEN, CHERYL; PATTERSON-SHUMAN, AMY; SHARPE, GINA // Delta Kappa Gamma Bulletin;Fall2010, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p22
The article provides information about the problem of cyberbullying, including proposed solutions, and an overview of selected resources to help encourage cybersecurity. It is inferred that traditional formats to contribute to the progress of cybersecurity and hinder the chronic issue of...
- Cyberbullying by the Numbers. // Weekly Reader News - Senior;12/12/2008, Vol. 87 Issue 13, p8
A quiz on the incidence of cyberbullying against students in the U.S. is presented.
- Another inquiry calls for more counsellors. Simpson, Sue // Education (00131156);Oct2010, Vol. 91 Issue 10, p1
The article reports on the need for additional school counselors and school liaison police officers to address the problem of cyber bullying. In a report released by the New South Wales (NSW) Legislative Council, the need for clarification of school responsibilities in addressing cyber bullying...
- Defining Cyberbullying: A Qualitative Research into the Perceptions of Youngsters. Vandebosch, Heidi; Van Cleemput, Katrien // CyberPsychology & Behavior;Aug2008, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p499
Data from 53 focus groups, which involved students from 10 to 18 years old, show that youngsters often interpret �cyberbullying� as �Internet bullying� and associate the phenomenon with a wide range of practices. In order to be considered �true� cyberbullying, these practices must...
- Cyberbullies, Online Predators, and What to Do About Them. Hitchcock, J. A. // MultiMedia & Internet@Schools;May/June2007, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p13
This article offers tips for media and technology specialists on advising parents and helping students deal with cyberbullies. It is recommended that specialists have a cyberbullying no-tolerance policy in their school and that they should enforce it. They should also advise parents to use...