- Unfair Dismissal and Human Rights. Lucy Vickers // Industrial Law Journal;Mar2004, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p52
The article discusses a court case Pay versus Lancashire Probation Service, wherein the plaintiff who was a probation officer was dismissed for his participation in a sado-masochistic activity in Great Britain. The Employment Appeals Tribunal's (EAT) decision was of the view that the plaintiff's...
- AWD needs permanent approach to temps. Hammerton, Mark // Personnel Today;10/27/2009, p4
The article presents the author's comments on the draft Agency Workers Regulations (AWR) of Great Britain, that was published on 15 October 2009. The author states that employers should start planning now for life after the agency workers directive comes into effect. He also says that employers...
- GOT IT COVERED. Crass, James // Cabinet Maker;9/30/2011, Issue 5757, p18
The article presents the author's insights on employment law in Great Britain particularly on the rights of temporary workers. The author is critical on the new law known as the Agency Workers Regulations, which will be implemented starting October 1, 2011. Meanwhile, he relates a study which...
- Firms must wise up to new agency worker laws. // Food Manufacture;Mar2010, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p13
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article about agency workers regulations in Great Britain in the February 2010 issue.
- Temporary worker legislation delayed to save business costs. Mitting, William // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);10/23/2009, p5
The article reports on the delay in the passage of a British legislation governing the rights of agency workers. The temporary worker legislation, which is intended to mitigate the extra cost burden on businesses during the recession, will be introduced in October 2011 as announced by the...
- Red tape or a fair deal? Nielsen, Tina // Director;May2011, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p32
The article examines the Agency Workers Regulations of 2010, which will be implemented in Great Britain starting October 1, 2011. The law aims to protect temporary workers, who will have the same rights as the permanent employees under the law. According to de Poel legal director Joe Tully,...
- Private Life and Dismissal. MANTOUVALOU, VIRGINIA; COLLINS, HUGH // Industrial Law Journal;Mar2009, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p133
The article reports on the decision of the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) on the case Pay v UK in the context of claims for unfair dismissal in Great Britain. The highlights of the case is discussed. The two stages in the decision making in the ECtHR involved the admissibility of a...
- Date tribunals can order financial penalties confirmed. // Employers Law;Nov2013, p5
The article reports that April 2014 has been set by the British government as the date for allowing employment tribunals to order financial penalties for employers.
- New right for all employees to request flexible working delayed. // Employers Law;Mar2014, p4
The article reports on the delay in plans to introduce the right to request flexible working for all employees on April 6, 2014 due to delays to the Children and Families Bill in Great Britain.