Riding America's Asian Wave
- Project Zinger. Stein, M.L. // Editor & Publisher;9/25/93, Vol. 126 Issue 39, p22
Presents the third annual report of Project Zinger. Contents of the report; Preparation of the report by the Center for Integration and Improvement at San Francisco State University; Report delivery at the annual convention of the Asian American Journalists Association; News media coverage of...
- Asian prime time. Gitlin, Saul // Brandweek;01/05/98, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p17
Reports that Asian American media costs are still a minute fraction of those in the general market. Reference to a 30-second prime time buy on the leading Chinese or Korean television stations in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California; Average share commanded by the prime time Chinese...
- Film festival has rock 'n' roll roots. Shen, Ted // Crain's Chicago Business;03/22/99, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p24
Examines the roots of the Chicago Asian American Showcase film festival in Illinois. Personalities behind the festival's development; Rationale behind the event; Reception to the first edition in 1996; Films included in the 1999 festival.
- Due process for Dr. Wen Ho Lee. Ko, Walter // St. Louis Journalism Review;Jun99, Vol. 29 Issue 217, p13
Comments on the sensational reporting against the supposed disloyalty of Americans of Chinese descent in the United States. Groundless dismissal of Wen Ho Lee; Concerns over the alleged campaign against Asian Americans; Implications of such manipulations.
- TV households decline, but Asian numbers skyrocket. Kissell, Rick // Variety;10/3/2011, Vol. 424 Issue 8, p6
The article examines research on television viewers in the U.S. conducted by the marketing research company Nielsen Co. indicating that Asian Americans are the fastest growing audience for television broadcasting in the U.S.
- Hepatitis B 2012 Calendar Open Casting Call. // India -- West;7/22/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 35, pB16
The article reports on the search for female and male Asian American models between 25 to 65 years old for a 2012 Hepatitis B awareness calendar in San Francisco, California.
- Beyond Bruce Lee. Wong, Shawn // Essence (Essence);Nov93, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p64
Discusses the author's exploration of confusion, racism and contradictions surrounding Asian-American men in the media with his students at the University of Washington. Portrayal of menial roles in television programs and movies; Rarity of Asian-American celebrity marriages; Contradictions in...
- DIARY. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;5/7/2009, p22
A calendar of events of Asian countries from May to December 2009 is presented including the presentation of Asia Pacific Awards, AME festival celebration, and computer and media trainings.
- Sony plants pix at Asian cabler. Guider, Elizabeth // Daily Variety;9/26/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 59, p8
Reports on the launching of Asian feature films by Sony Picture Classics Co. on AZN cable channel for Asian-American viewers in the U.S. Terms of the deal between AZN and Sony; Statement by Peilin Chou, senior vice president for programming and production, about the benefits of the agreement;...