Minow and the First Amendment
- NEW CHIEF MUST BRING FCC UP-TO-DATE. Adalian, Joseph // Television Week;1/19/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p6
The author offers his opinion on the leadership of Julius Genachowski, who has been appointed by U.S. President Barack Obama to head the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). He says that Genachowski is getting praises because of his positions and policies on matters related to the Internet....
- There's Julius: Senate Scrutinizes FCC Nominee. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;6/22/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 25, p12
The article reports on the perspectives of Julius Genachowski, chairperson of U.S. Federal Communications Commission, regarding the importance of broadband rollout plan in Washington, D.C. He emphasized that the agency would work on the 1.2 million indecency complaints for quality broadcasting...
- FCC Fights Opposition to Modernize Broadband, ATC Policy. Hill, Jeffrey // Satellite News;4/14/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p3
The article focuses on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) efforts to modernize national broadcast and broadband policy. Julius Genachowski's, chairman of FCC, attempts have not been received well by the U.S. telecom companies. It further mentions that the U.S. Court of Appeals...
- TALKBACK. // Multichannel News;6/13/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p92
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues, "FCC Report Recommends Moving Government National Ad Spending to Local," and "Genachowski Plans to Delete Fairness Doctrine From Code of Federal Regs," in the June 7, 2011 issue.
- The money trough. // Broadcast Engineering;May2010, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p8
The author reflects on the U.S. government and Federal Communications Commission's (FCC's) policies for the over-the-air (OTA) broadcast industry of the country. The FCC's spectrum auction which bars OTA broadcasting for being a free-market business was criticized. The author investigates the...
- Retransmission consent. Martin, Harry C. // Broadcast Engineering;May2010, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p18
The article reports on the move of the multichannel video programming distribution (MVPD) companies to ask the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to establish regulatory framework to govern negotiations for retransmission consent. It mentions that the move of MVPD was triggered...
- What to expect from FCC under new Obama chair. Learmonth, Michael // Advertising Age;1/19/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p3
The article examines what changes might take place in broadcasting and mass media policy at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) under President Barack Obama. Obama is expected to name Julius Genachowski to be head of the FCC. Genachowski's first priority would be to oversee the...
- Obama's tech guy brings a new savvy to the FCC. Hart, Kim // Hill;9/9/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 99, p1
The article focuses on the upgrade plans of the new U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski for the administrative agency's technology infrastructure.
- Obama friend heads for FCC. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;1/14/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 9, p1
The article reports that U.S. President-elect Barack Obama has nominated his campaign adviser Julius Genachowski as head of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).