Realizing VOD's Potential
- Time Warner planning VOD test. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;09/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p6
Reports on Time Warner's plan to introduce a full-blown video-on-demand (VOD) test in 1999 or early 2000. Testing of deployable equipment in the field; Description of equipment used by the company for the trial; Claim by server provider SeaChange that it can put a cable provider in the VOD...
- VOD Has Three Legs in Green Bay. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;6/10/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p14
Reports on the launching iControl video-on-demand services (SVOD) from Time Warner Cable of Green Bay Wisconsin. Rate for the access of SVOD; Availability of SVOD tp digital-cable subscriber; Video recorders integrated within Scientific-Atlanta Inc.
- Time Warner Cable preps VOD service for L.A. area. Grossman, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/6/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 39, p5
Reports on the introduction of video-on-demand service by Time Warner Cable on its Los Angeles area cable systems. Use of nCube's server architecture to deliver films to customers; Deals with Universal, Sony and Warner Bros.; Sufficiency of products to offer to customers.
- Oxygen/Time Warner Cable Air Karaoke. Jensen, Elizabeth // Television Week;7/17/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p32
The article reports on the launch of the free on-demand channel Air Karaoke from Oxygen on Demand of Time Warner Cable in Lincoln, Nebraska. Oxygen has introduced the Watch to Win sweepstakes as a way to promote the free on-demand service. It is said that Air Karaoke plays on Oxygen on Demand...
- Time Warner Brings VOD to NYC. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p8
Reports the launching of the video-on-demand service of Time Warner Cable in New York City. Emphasis on transactional content; Availability of hit movies from Hollywood; Subscription details; Prices of the cable stocks.
- Time Warner's VOD in L.A.: It's Like FSN, Only Cheaper. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;11/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p1
Reports on Time Warner Cable Inc.'s video-on-demand (VOD) launch by the company's Los Angeles, California division. Server storage used in VOD; Technological differences between Time Warner Cable's VOD and Full Service Network; Production houses and cable networks whose films would be shown on VOD.
- Time Warner's Flexible Backbone: ISA. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;11/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p30
Reports on video-on-demand platform deployed by Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) in the first nine months of 2002. Number of markets in which TWC has deployed the service; Number of digital subscribers who can avail the service; Cable engineers who are responsible for the development.
- Start Spreadin' The (VOD) News. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);10/21/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 39, p36
Focuses on the launching of video-on-demand services by Time Warner Cable in New York City. Charges for the service; Plans for the launching; Reactions elicited by the move.
- TWC to Roll Out VOD in Houston. // MediaWeek;12/3/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 45, p32
Reports on the decision of Time Warner Cable (TWC) to roll out video-on-demand (VOD) services in 2002 in Houston, Texas. Technology to be used in the project.