"The Good, the Bad, and the Cuddly."
- Joyce defends $1.2b farm package. Kerin, John; Binsted, Timothy // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);7/6/2015, p4
The article reports that Australian Agriculture Minister Barnaby Joyce has defended the government's 1.2 billion Australian dollars assistance package released on July 4, 2015 aimed to boost farm incomes and drought assistance, following criticisms that the agricultural competitiveness paper...
- Editorial: Pathways towards sustainable landscapes. Bohnet, Iris; Beilin, Ruth // Sustainability Science;Apr2015, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p187
An introduction to the article is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the concepts of landscape management in Australia, the challenges face by the agricultural production landscapes, and the history of the country's agricultural policy.
- Barossa and McLaren Vale welcome preserve. Byrne, Matt // Wine & Viticulture Journal;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the move of the government of South Australia which declare that the Barossa and McLaren Vale wine regions are an agricultural preserve. The goal of agricultural preserve is to protect up to 180,000 hectares in the regions from urban development. Moreover, the unanimous...
- 'Oh, pilot tis a fearful night, there's danger on the deep' - T.H. Bayley, "The Pilot" McRoberts, Barry // Professional Fisherman;Oct2004, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p7
Comments on the impact of the elections on fisheries in Australia. Lack of representation from the industry; Decision of the government to cut staff numbers in fisheries; Criticisms on the introduction of new technology.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Goodman, Lee; Kilduff, Catherine Ware // Hill;6/11/15, Vol. 22 Issue 61, p18
Several letters to the editor is presented in response to the article in previous issues including "Republican FEC commissioner admittedly blocking complaints against Republicans" in the June 4 2015 issue and Magnuson-Steven Fishery Management and Conservation Act in the June 1, 2015 issue.
- Where Is the Coherent Response to Climate Change and Peak Oil? An Examination of Policy and Practice Affecting Agriculture in Regional Australia. Beilin, Ruth; Hill, Serenity; Sysak, Tamara // International Journal of Sociology of Agriculture & Food;2011, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p199
Climate change and peak oil will have profound impacts on food production across the world. This article uses selected documents from the agriculture policy arena to explore international, national and local scale responses and recommendations. Using two regional Australian case-studies, we...
- Agricultural Products Industry Profile: Australia. // Agricultural Products Industry Profile: Australia;Oct2012, p1
The article discusses the market trends and forecasts for the agricultural products in Australia from 2007 to 2016. It states that the market value and market volume for the agricultural products in the country had increased 2011, by 1.5% and 2.2% respectively. It also forecasts that the...
- Support for farmers. JONGEN, HANK // Money (Australia Edition);Apr2014, Issue 166, p11
The article discusses the Australian federal government's package of support for farmers experiencing financial difficulties. Topics discussed include replacement of the transitional farm family payment starting March 1, 2014 by the interim farm household allowance to provide eligible farmers...
- Working on a new frontier: exploring the methodological challenges of addressing complex problems. Kenny, Sean; Drysdale, Geoff // Extension Farming Systems Journal;2009, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p23
The purpose of this paper is to explore the area of complexity and its link to systems thinking, with a view to defining the methodological requirements for extension services targeting complex problem situations. Agriculture in Australia is faced with a set of challenges that seem more complex...