How to Get Japan's Sun To Rise Again
- Japan's America problem. Zakaria, Fareed // Newsweek;8/3/1998, Vol. 132 Issue 5, p39
Looks at the economic recession in Japan as of August 1998. Advice from the United States to reform its banking system and prime the economy with government spending and tax cuts; What Japan needs in order to grow economically; The expected effect from Japanese growth on the financial recovery...
- Dipping from the well. Futagami, Shiho // J@pan Inc.;Spring 2009, Issue 85, p15
The article looks at the significance of female entrepreneurship in the economy of Japan. According to the article, female entrepreneurship can help the country reverse the financial challenges it is experiencing at present. It mentions the return of Japanese women who have completed graduate...
- Foreign menace. Koo, Richard C. // International Economy;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p24
Examines the so-called balance sheet recession in Japan. Concept called the `Balance Sheet Scare Syndrome'; Contraction in demand for funds; Market's view on fiscal policy; Ways of assisting Japan's private sector repair its balance sheet. INSETS: But Paul, it takes two to tango.;Franklin...
- Outlook and Assumptions: Domestic Assumptions. // Japan Country Monitor;Mar2012, p3
The article reports on the economic assumptions for Japan including the risk of recession, increase of expenditures and reconstruction expenditures.
- Buffeting Buffett. Graham, Donald E. // New Republic;3/16/92, Vol. 206 Issue 11, p4
Presents a letter to the editor referencing the article "The Temptation of St. Warren," by Michael Lewis on businessman Warren Buffett, published in the February 17, 1992 issue of the periodical.
- Rag Time. Rosin, Hanna // New Republic;5/13/2002, Vol. 226 Issue 18, p42
Presents an article about the national stereotypes in Japan and its economy as of May 2002. Signs of the Japanese recession; Reason for the popularity of the Japanese form of gambling called pachinko; Concerns raised by Japanese baby boomers about their children; Response of the Japanese to...
- Everything at 100 yen. James, Victoria // New Statesman;05/21/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 4538, p32
Focuses on the economic condition and impact of deflation in Japan. Description of the Japanese recession; Causes of recession; Forecast on the national debt; Rise in the popularity of cheap stores; Evidence of the impending recession.
- Japan's Economy Slips Back to Technical Recession. // CFO Innovation Asia;11/16/2015, p3
The article reports that Japan has slipped back into technical recession following the contraction of its economy to an annualized 0.8 percent in July-September 2015 due to a big drop in inventory.
- What's Bad for Japan Inc... Gibney Jr., Frank; Larimer, Tim // Time;12/6/1999, Vol. 154 Issue 23, p72
Focuses on Japan's economy as of December 6, 1999. Restructuring of large corporations that have been state-supported; Influence of entrepreneurs such as Hiroshi Mikitani, owner of an electronic commerce site; The industry of continuing education, including popularity of the Attackers Business...