The conflict of Osler's concept of "typhoid spine"
- Osler's unusual case--was it Churg-Strauss syndrome? Warren, Peter; Warren, P // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/05/99, Vol. 161 Issue 7, p846
Discusses a medical case presented to William Osler at the John Hopkins Hospital Medical Society in 1900. What the original diagnosis was; Symptoms noted; Why the author thinks the patient had Churg-Strauss syndrome.
- Piety and prejudice. Wallis, Faith // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;06/01/97, Vol. 156 Issue 11, p1549
Editorial. Comments on the philo-Semitic views of William Osler. Association of Osler with Thomas Browne known as anti-Jewish; Arguments of the author in defense of racism charges against Browne; Anti-Semitic works of Osler; Osler's attitude toward Jews.
- Osler and the Jewish people. Hogan, David B.; Clarfield, A. Mark // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;06/01/97, Vol. 156 Issue 11, p1559
Examines the lack of evidences of anti-Semitism in the writings and actions of Sir William Osler. Articles published by Osler dealing with his views on the Jewish people; Friendships established by Osler with Jewish colleagues; Anti-Semitic background of Osler; Attitudes toward Jewish people.
- Equanimity upset. Herman, Joseph // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);08/01/98, Vol. 317 Issue 7154, p318
Opinion. Discusses Sir William Osler, a medical professional. What Osler referred to in the book `Aequinimitas'; How the author views `Aequinimitas.'
- Osler's Rough Edge. Roland, Charles G. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov74, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p690
Focuses on Sir William Osler and his contributions to the field of medicine. Information on the book 'A Year With Osler, 1896-1897,' by Joseph Pratt; Opinion of Osler's colleagues on him; Background on the personal life of Osler.
- Osler as a Real Person. Harrell, George T. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov74, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p697
Focuses on William Osler, a physician. Information on human fraities of Osler; Personal and educational background of Osler; Examination of his professional practice.
- "Big pharma" // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;6/5/2010, Vol. 340 Issue 7758, p1246
A quote from Sir William Osler, a Canadian-born British physician and educator, about drugs is presented.
- Osler, Sir William. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1649
A reference entry for Canadian-born physician Sir William Osler, who is considered a leading figure in modern medicine, diagnosis and the humanitarian care of patients, is presented.
- Osler, Science, and Humanism. Highet, Gilbert // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jun70, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p950
Presents an excerpt of the article written by Gilbert Highet about physician William Osler published in the 1962 issue of the periodical "The Good Physician: A Treasury of Medicine".