Will Cable Nets Kill Their Golden Goose?
- North Carolina Group Weighs Buyout. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;6/4/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p24
The article reports on a consortium of towns close to Charlotte, North Carolina that is deliberating on the possible acquisition of a local cable system operated by Time Warner Cable in 2007. The consortium has until the middle of June 2007 to decide on whether to purchase the cable system,...
- HONORING THE BEST IN CABLE'S COMMUNICATIONS EXCELLENCE. // Multichannel News;10/10/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 38, p12
The article focuses on the recognition of the best in cable communications and public affairs through the Association of Cable Communicators (ACC) Beacon Awards in the U.S. The ACC sponsors the award as part of its mission to promote cable communications excellence. The winning entries for the...
- Cable op owners on the run. Zeitchik, Steven // Variety;5/7/2007, Vol. 406 Issue 12, p29
The article discusses some of the challenges facing the cable industry, such as changing ownership and the addition of programming and technology services like video on demand (VOD). The article mentions The Cable Show, the National Cable & Telecommunications Association's (NCTA) annual operator...
- 'Quick Clips' Expands. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;10/2/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 39, p13
The article focuses on the Quick Clip product of Time Warner Cable Inc. that allows digital-cable subscribers to access Internet video content from CNBC, CNN, and The Weather Channel in the U.S. Quick Clips which debuted in August 2006 in Time Warner's South Carolina systems is applicable on all...
- Band (width) on the Run. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;5/7/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p102
The article reports on the efforts of cable operators in turning into high-capacity services by expanding their bandwidths in 2007 in the U.S. DirecTV Inc. has promised to slot in 100 new high-definition channels. The FiOS fiber-to-the-home network from Verizon Communications Inc. is planning to...
- FREEZE FRAME. // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p83
Photographs of highlights from several events related to the cable television industry in the U.S. are presented including the Broadband Cable Association of Pennsylvania's Cable Academy event, Telemundo's New York upfront, the e Weather Channel's 30th anniversary party.
- TRANSLATION PLEASE: Your 2012 Cable Show Jargon Descrambler. ELLIS, LESLIE // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p88
The article offers information on the 2012 Cable Show in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Bouncing Into Boston. // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p91
The author discusses the 2012 Cable Show, offering updates to companies in the cable television industry in the U.S.
- Time Warner Cable Eyes Softening Market. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;12/14/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 50, p6
The article reports that Time Warner Cable is expecting the economic slowdown to impact the cable television business. According to Glen Britt, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Time Warner Cable, the cable business would be affected if consumers continue to lose their homes and...