Partnering for Prevention With Workplace Health Promotion Programs
- In corporate corridors, employees are urged to relax. Young Ha // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/25/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 17, p29
The article presents the companies in the U.S. that offer a well-being and wellness program to their employees which include Purdue Pharma, PepsiCo Inc., and Verizon.
- The Picture of Health. Flass, Rebecca; Coppola, Vincent; Hill, J. Dee // Adweek Eastern Edition;8/28/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 35, p38
Focuses on the health awareness programs for employees of companies in the United States. List of services offered in the programs; Facilities of the wellness programs; Objectives of health awareness programs in companies; Details on recreation packages for staffers; Benefits of the health...
- Companies make wellness work. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Feb95, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p63
Focuses on some companies that have made employee wellness a part of their cultures. Wellness Council of America's (WELCOA) selection of America's Healthiest Companies; Sara Lee Knit Products; Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Co.; Teachers' lounge at the Chattanooga State Technical Community...
- Improve the bottom line and your company's health at the same time. Lamb, Martha // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;03/26/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p13
Offers advice on how United States businesses can improve their bottom lines and the health of their employees at the same time. Worksite health promotion programs; Reduction of costs through healthier employees; Services at the Fitness Institute at Salt Lake City, Utah-based LDS Hospital.
- Closing Thoughts. Chapman, Larry S. // American Journal of Health Promotion;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p156
In this article the author discusses the focus of the "The Art of Health Promotion," section within the issue which is the wellness of employees that work in remote and geographically isolated settings.
- Healthy Workplace Employer Recognition Program. // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/10/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p14
The article reports on the initiation of the Healthy Workplace Employer Recognition Program in 2011 in Fairfield County, Connecticut.
- Ranking the Top 100 Firms According to Gender Diversity. Sharma, Rajneesh; Givens-Skeaton, Susan // Advancing Women in Leadership;2010, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p1
This study investigates gender diversity within the top 100 US firms. In particular, we study the gender diversity among the top executive officers listed in the 10-k or annual reports of the top 100 firms. Gender diversity is measured in two ways: by using the number of women serving as a top...
- TOP STORIES. // MondayMorning;4/6/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p1
The article offers news briefs related to various business enterprises in the U.S. Pfizer Inc.'s earnings during the second quarter of the year 2009 decreased by 48 percent. The profit earned by the firm Johnson & Johnson has increased by 9.3 percent. The stock prices of Dynacq Healthcare Inc....
- Marketing Briefs. // Marketing News;1/7/1983, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p12
The article presents information on new developments in the field of marketing in the U.S. The second annual Advertising and Consumer Psychology Conference, which will be held from May 3 to 4 in Chicago, solicits papers related to advertising and consumer behavior. $2 million will be spend by...