THE PSYCHOLOGY OF THE ROSE GARDEN
- Great Rosarians of the World Rose Garden Hall of Fame. // American Rose;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p60
The article offers a review of the Columbus Park of Roses in Whetstone Park, Columbus, Ohio, the Antique Rose Emporium Gardens in Brenham and San Antonio, Texas and the Quarryhill Botanical Garden, Glen Ellen, California,all of which are great rosarians of the World Rose Garden Hall of Fame.
- On the Lighter Side. Jones, Steve // American Rose;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p22
A list of the qualities and habits of a true rosarian is presented including spending more time in the rose garden than at work, being a life member and patron of the American Rose Society and eagerly buying every rose that is described to be exhibition potential.
- Honey, I Shrunk the Yard! // American Rose;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p22
The author wanders why his yard looked smaller after planting 100 or so roses in the past couple of years.
- 2013 CHILDREN'S ESSAY CONTEST. // American Rose;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p76
Essays on roses and rose growers that won at the 2013 Children's Essay Contest that was held by the American Rose Society (ARS) in the U.S. are presented. The essay titled The Memory Rose, by fifth grader Paloma Hanify, won first place. The essays titled Rosily Every After by third grader...
- Portrait of a Rose Garden. Christie, Adeline // American Rose;Sep2004, Vol. 37 Issue 21, p18
Focuses on the Southampton Rose Society Rose Garden in Long Island, New York. History of the rose garden; Problems prior to the construction of the garden; Size of the garden.
- The climate of Ettersburg is just like paradise, only you have to work. Fishman, Marissa // American Rose;May/Jun2014, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p23
The article features organic rose grower Greenmantle Nursery in Ettersburg, California. Topics discussed include the history of Greenmantle, effects of the weather on the health of the nursery's plants and views of the nursery with regards to organic horticulture. Also discussed are the factors...
- From the President: Summer isâ€¦. // American Rose;Jun2006, Vol. 38 Issue 18, p5
The author discusses rose shows, some of which were featured in the article "American Rose Society 2006 Guide to Rose Gardens." Rose garden tours are not just social events but educational events as well. Exhibitors who bring the best from their garden to share with all who come to see the shows...
- Garden Journaling. Barr, Bruce; Barr, Maggie // American Rose;May/Jun2014, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p10
The article explores the process of writing and keeping a rose gardening journal. Topics discussed include reasons for keeping a garden journal, benefits that journals can provide to rose growers and former U.S. presidents who have kept garden journals. Also discussed are the information that...
- Rose Tips. // American Rose;May2006, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p10
Presents several tips for rose growers. Features of the Gilmour All Purpose Sprayer; Procedure and tool for digging holes near the root zone.