- To cover costs-of-growth: UCAL dining svc. launches `million dollar challenge'. // FoodService Director;1/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on San Diego-based University of California's plans to build a new dining facility as it opens its sixth college within the next few years. Need to offset costs for the new projects at the campus; Need to raise $1 million per-year in the budget.
- UCLA Hospitals Purchasing Antibiotic-free Meat. // FoodService Director;5/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p21
The article reports on the partnership of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Health System and the University of California San Francisco Medical Center to offer antibiotic-free proteins on patient and retail menus.
- FOLLOWING FACILITY RENOVATION: SALES SOAR AT UC-SAN DIEGO. // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p5
Reports that University of California-San Diego's OceanView Terrace renovated the school cafeteria into a display location with individual food stations for different concepts as of February 2002. Details of the renovation done by Webb Design; Information on the self-serve food areas of the...
- LUNCH AND DINNER COUNTS RISE: Cook-to-order a draw at Michigan St. // FoodService Director;3/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p6
Deals with the success of the made-to-order food stations created by the food service team at the Michigan State University in East Lansing. Comments from Bruce Haskell, food service coordinator for University Housing; Impetus for the creation of made-to-order stations; Range of cuisine offered...
- MSU farm's beef served on campus. // Michigan Farmer (0026-2153);Jul2011, p36
The article reports on the move Michigan State University (MSU) to bring beef produced on MSU farms to restaurants and cafeterias throughout campus.
- Master Craftsman. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;4/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p36
The article features Brian Klippel, associate director of housing and dining services at the University of California at San Diego (UCSD). Klippel will retire from the food service department in April 2007. He confides that his greatest accomplishment was being chosen by his peers as...
- U. of Richmond to Roll Out Cell Phone Feedback Service. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;1/23/2012, p2
The article reports on the launch of a Text-n-Tell program to the Heilman Dining Center of Richmond University Dining Services in Virginia in 2012.
- Monthly tastings focus menus. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p2
Reports on taste-tests and food fairs at the University of Richmond in Virginia. Purposes of the fairs and food tests.
- Turning Sustainability Initiatives into LEED. Zid, Linda Abu-Shalback; Westra, Abbie // FoodService Director;9/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p16
The article reports on the Major Planet Program of the Housing, Dining, Hospitality (HDH) department of the University of California, San Diego. The program is for the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification of the Green Building Council. Included in the program are...