Best broker practice: Disclose fees upfront
- Products & Services. // Business Insurance;5/13/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p24
Introduces several products and services for business insurance. Web-based tools to help risk managers assess exposure to cyber attacks; Inauguration of the political risk insurance office of Chubb Group; Offer of Riskclick Inc. of product to speed the handling of insurance certificates.
- Top 10 risk management stories of 2002. // Business Insurance;1/6/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p10
Presents a list of top 10 risk management stories of 2002.
- Options in weather cover. Ceniceros, Roberto // Business Insurance;04/26/99, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p34
Reports on the expansion of risk financing options for weather-related losses. Issues that risk managers need to consider when determining whether a derivative or insurance product is right for their company; Difference between a weather insurance and a derivative product; Capital market payout.
- Insurance, alternatives will join to transfer risks. Zolkos, Rodd; Souter, Gavin // Business Insurance;12/27/99, Vol. 33 Issue 52, p37
Forecasts financing trends affecting risk management practices in business insurance in the 21st century. Convergence of financing programs; Growth of demand for new risk transfer products; Increase of recognition of various risks a business faces driving up demand for transfer financing products.
- Broader view of risks taken. Veysey, Sarah // Business Insurance;10/16/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 42, p65
Comments on the increased attention to business reputation's influence on risk management and business insurance requirements in the United States. Reputational risk management coming under greater scrutiny; Factors influencing investor scrutiny of a company's reputation. INSET: Global Briefs.
- Coverage won't come cheap, but it's essential. Sweeney, Patrick J. // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/12/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p20
Focuses on the insurance needs of business enterprises in the U.S. Importance of commercial general liability insurance to risk management program; Coverage of commercial property insurance; Inclusion of business owners to the contractor's insurance policy.
- Can the bottom line be insured. Karlson, Mark // Fairfield County Business Journal;07/24/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 30, p13
Discusses the feasibility of insuring companies' financial performance. Wall Street's increasing dependence on corporate profits for valuing stocks; Weak sales for Reliance Insurance Co.'s Enterprise Earnings Protection Insurance due to its impact on management capabilities; Underwriting of...
- COVER YOURSELF. Weston, Sue // NZ Business;Nov2002, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p31
Focuses on an increase in the need for business insurance for small and medium-sized businesses in New Zealand. Factors responsible for the increase in premiums; Requirement of basic insurance by a medium-sized business; Adoption of a risk management approach small businesses to reduce their...
- Risk Managers' Stature Grows, Even As Budgets Shrink. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/13/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 41, p18
Focuses on the importance of risk management in the insurance business in the U.S. Factor in risk management; Cost of insurance and corporate scandals; Visibility of insurance managers in the insurance market.