- FCC Eyes Online Video. J. E. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/2/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 18, p14
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to consider online video as a potential new competitor to traditional multichannel video.
- Comcast's Web worry. LOWRY, TOM // Daily Variety;9/29/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 61, p1
The article reports on the issue whether the Department of Justice (DOJ) or Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will address the demands of interest groups and lawmakers at Comcast Corp. to make its online video available to competitors in the U.S.
- Voice of OTT Experience. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/26/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 37, p36
The article explores the proposal of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to change the definition of multichannel video programming distributor, n issue that has long-been advocated by cable operators but was only heard by the FCC after a comment from the Digital Media Association.
- Reading Between Lines On Comcast/NBCU. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;1/31/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 5, p20
The article looks into the highlights of the Federal Communications Commission's order which approved the Comcast/NBC Universal merger on video distribution and program access in the U.S. It notes the potential of online video distribution (OVD) in enhancing consumer interest of broadcast and...
- MVPD, Or Not MVPD? // Broadcasting & Cable;4/23/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 17, p34
The author reflects on the necessary ground rules to be established by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in promoting broadband as the future video delivery mechanism. He notes that the FCC needs to decide whether to make online video distributors as multimedia video programming...
- PEG Gets Short Shrift in FCC Report. SMITH, J. J. // Government Video;Aug2013, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p4
The author discusses the report titled "Status of Competition in the Market for the Delivery of Video Programming" submitted by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to Congress issued on July 20, 2012. He states that 83 public, education and government (PEG) channels responded to the...
- FCC Pushes Caption Deadlines. ASHWORTH, SUSAN // TV Technology;8/6/2014, Vol. 32 Issue 17, p1
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to push the deadlines on caption. It states that the FCC ruled that full-length online videos and short videos must be captioned. It mentions that the ruling on caption clarifies issues such as captioning...
- A Level Playing Field. ARLEN, GARY // TV Technology;11/19/2014, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p1
The article discusses vision of Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) Chairman Tom Wheeler about future of television. Topics discussed include internet video services, online video program distributors (OVPD), and video distribution platforms. Also highlighted are his blog on technological...
- For FCC, These Are Defi ning Times for MVPDs. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;6/25/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 26, p26
The article focuses on the issue concerning the status and future of online video (OVD) in television broadcasting. It states that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is debating whether or not to redefine multichannel video programming distributor (MVPD) and include online video....