What I have learnt so far
- Asda's service focus. Mistry, Bhavna // Promotions & Incentives;Nov/Dec2008, p35
The article reports discusses the personnel management strategy used by retail chain Asda to motivate its employees. The company has partnered with Grass Roots to implement its Always Happy to Help staff initiative scheme which encourages employees to help and make initiatives. In addition, the...
- 'Management is about giving people a vision.'. Smedley, Tim // People Management;4/9/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p24
The article presents an interview with David Smith, former people director at Asda, about his career in people management. The interview begins with the experience of Smith in working with Asda. Smith then describes his application of his knowledge, skills and expertise in the field. He also...
- Most compelling incentives scheme. // Human Resources (09648380);Jul2008, Special section p19
The article discusses the effecttivity of the incentive scheme of supermarket chain Asda in Great Britain. The scheme would give the top performing store Â£150 to share between the colleagues who had driven the sales. The judges of the human resources (HR) Excellence Awards 2008 appreciate the...
- Asda employees get their fifteen minutes of fame. // Human Resources (09648380);Jan2009, p11
The article focuses on the approach made by the human resource (HR) personnel of Asda Store Ltd., a British supermarket chain, in using television as an engagement tool in Great Britain. It states that the approach focuses on the training initiatives of its HR personnel where in it aims to...
- 21st Century Workplace Success. // Credit Union Magazine;Oct2005, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p18
Discusses elements of a workplace culture of accountability. High expectations and challenges; Internal challenges; Confrontation and conflict; Whole life integration; Constant learning.
- Sharing a common language is vital for scheme success. Hazelgrave, Mike // Employee Benefits;2008 Best Practice, p27
The article presents a case study of the employee share plans at ASDA in Great Britain. The employee share plan has been established in several companies in the country particularly the chain of supermarket, ASDA. Meanwhile, the company has been providing share plan for more than 25 years and...
- Not formulas but rules of thumb. Feasel, Marnie // Across the Board;Mar1996, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p24
Focuses on effective learning for workers. Content of the learning process; Need for a skilled teacher.
- Human Resources Management. // Henley Manager Update;Summer99, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on human resource management. Two criteria that form the foundation for developing an organization's human resource framework; Four quadrant models developed by Lepak and Snell; Explanation on the four interrelated processes of organizational learning.
- Building a Learning Strategy at the Top: Interviews with Ten of America's CLOs. Baldwin, Timothy T.; Danielson, Camden C. // Business Horizons;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p5
Presents information on a study on the design and execution of learning strategy in large, multinational corporations through an interview with several Chief Learning Officers (CLO) in the United States. Profile of a CLO; Information on the salary of a CLO, and their reporting relationships...