So shall you reap
- Tapping the potential of employee ranks. // Crain's New York Business;11/13/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p32
The article presents a list of organizations that offer employee training and recruitment in the New York City area, including Bronx Overall Economic Development Corp., Business Council of Westchester and the Empire State Development.
- Hire-then-train to overcome skills shortages. // People Management;6/26/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p8
Discusses findings of the 2003 Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development Recruitment and Retention Survey of British employers. Attributions to the trend of employers being forced to train new recruits; Reasons employers lower the qualifications required for jobs and to train recruits;...
- Talent fishing. Clarke, Emma // Supply Management;7/3/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p37
The article discusses the strategies of purchasing departments in Great Britain to attract the brightest and best young graduates. Purchasing departments are now establishing their own graduate training schemes to bring in new young talents. Purchasing departments are also promoting their own...
- CHALLENGES AHEAD FOR CU HIRING. // E-Scan Newsletter;May2012, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the challenges that will be faced by credit unions that plan to hire employees in the months and years ahead. It is said that due to a shortage of qualified job applicants in the current labor market, credit unions will need to address training needs. They also have to...
- Business Journal Seeks Best Places to Work. // Orange County Business Journal;2/2/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p43
The article reports on the plan of the Business Journal to launch a list of the best places to work in Orange County, California. It states that the Journal has been soliciting several employees that can assist with recruiting and employee morale. The selection process is provided which includes...
- It pays to reward staff. Horsley, Mike // Packaging Magazine;1/06/2005, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p26
Discusses the success of packaging companies in Great Britain that keep their best people and attract high quality recruits when they need to grow. Importance of understanding what employees want and need from their employer; Causes of a high employee turnover.
- Wanted: Focused, motivated person to sell. // Hospice Management Advisor;May2007, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p58
The article discusses how to hire motivated staff for home health care in the U.S. According to At Your Service Home Care chief executive officer Lucy Andrews, every management wanted to have a staff with a good performance and work enthusiasm, someone who is capable of tackling the existing...
- favourite blogs. Craig, Tara // Personnel Today;2/3/2009, p29
The article reviews several web sites related to personnel management including hrminion.blogspot.com, newworkplace.wordpress.com and ukrecruiter.typepad.com/uk.
- Employees are Like Peanut Butter and Napkins. Higgins, Jeff // Workforce Solutions Review;Nov2014, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p35
The article presents a story related to human resources (HR) practice based on actual events at a real company in the U.S. It is said that even great review and charts are not enough sometimes to stop management from a committed course of action. The problem is that HR may believe they are...