How to take effective - and tasty - eco-action
- Fairy tales and scapegoats--and changing with the times. Hair, Jay D. // National Wildlife;Aug/Sep95, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p26
Focuses on Americans' changing attitudes toward environmental issues. Decrease in the importance of environmental issues; Efforts of environmental groups to rethink traditional methods of communicating with the people; Role of the US Congress to weakening influence of environmental organizations.
- Last chance to save our earth. Gandhi, Maneka // Earth Island Journal;Winter91/92, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p41
Comments on the need for the people to start saving the environment. Destructive impact of economic development; Growing popularity of the environmentalist movement; Environmentalism as the focus of the new decade.
- DOING WITHOUT. Spagna, Ana Maria // Orion Magazine;Winter2000, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p26
Examines some traits of environmentalists. Tendency of environmentalists to exaggerate issues on environmental degradation; Apocalyptic desperation of environmentalists regarding environmental protection; Claims on the hypocrisies of environmentalists.
- SA CLIMATE CAMP CONDEMNS DIRTY ENERGY. Ratcliffe, Ruth // Green Left Weekly;10/14/2009, Issue 813, p9
The article highlights the four-day camp of climate activists who called for the government to switch off coal-fired power stations in South Australia.
- Business benefits from charitable giving. Kronberg, David // New Hampshire Business Review;8/19/94, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p27
Features the Environmental Federation of New England, a coalition of 40 New England environmental groups. Offer to employers of the chance to contribute to environmental protection by allowing employees to contribute to environmental groups through payroll deductions and other workplace...
- WILD GOOSE. Macy, Joanna // Orion Magazine;Spring2000, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p12
Reflects on the Council of All Beings ritual practiced by environmentalists in which people would step aside from their human identities and speak on behalf of other life forms. Limitations of the efforts to protect the environment; Details of how the ritual is done; Outcomes of Council of All...
- Labor and the greens. Walsh, Peter // Quadrant Magazine;May99, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p19
Discusses the profiles of environmentalists and how their principles continue to shape Australian environmentalism. Categories of environmentalists; Real environmental issues; Environmental extremism and public policy; Greens and the timber industry; Adoption of animistic-vegatistic cultism by...
- Earth Island in the news. // Earth Island Journal;Fall98, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on several developments concerning environmental issues as of September 1998. Includes Jenny Wang's leadership of the Chinese Biodiversity Network; Gerson Cohen's Campaign to Safeguard America's Waters; Sea Restoration Project (STRP) of `Earth Island'; Kayan farmer Jok Jau Evong as...
- Protest actions take an aggressive turn. Wilkinson, Todd // Christian Science Monitor;9/27/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 215, p2
Discusses the increasing instances in which environmental activists have resorted to acts of terrorism in response to perceived threats to wild areas. Attempts by many environmental groups to distance themselves from such so-called ecoterrorists; Threats of violence also from those opposed to...