A Matter of Perspective
- THEATRE AND COMMUNICATION: EXPLORING THE PROCESS OF LIFE. Debilal Mishra // Global Media Journal: Indian Edition;Dec2013, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p1
The author discusses the history and connection of theater in the human life and the significant aspect of theater which is communication. Topics discussed include the origin of theater which is the 14th century in Greece, the impact of theater which creates clearer communication between human...
- HOPE for humankind. Gorney, Roderic // Humanist;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p23
Discusses the redeeming value of love for humankind. Basis of a strong sense of love on character; Origins of the emotion; Functions of love for strengthening social ties and stability; Suggestions on how to foster love in modern times.
- The ubiquity of habits and rules. Hodgson, Geoffrey M. // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Nov97, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p663
Provides information on a study of habits and rules in human activity. Detailed information on when habits or rules are coveniently deployed; Conclusions reached.
- From This Clay. MCCARTHY, THOMAS J. // America;02/13/99, Vol. 180 Issue 4, p8
Comments on people's dependency on the conspicuous and the cliched. Details on the author's encounter with a man who is cliched; Need for a greater appreciation for the unspectacular; Lesson learned by the author from the man he encountered.
- Heartfelt love -- and completeness. // Christian Science Monitor;6/8/95, Vol. 87 Issue 135, p17
Discusses God's allness and man's oneness with him. Spiritual completeness and contentment inherently natural to each of us; Worth of steadfast, requited love between husband and wife; Definition of love.
- Social Change and Human Nature. MILLER, WILL // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Feb99, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p42
Focuses on social change and the concept of human nature. Market view of human nature; Common pattern for the development of class societies; Root of social and ecological crises.
- A MESSAGE FROM THE CEO. Zalman, Amy // Futurist;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p3
An introduction to the periodical is presented which discusses several articles within the issue on topics which include ethical issues surrounding the biological revolution, diplomatic challenges of protecting the global commons, and the efforts of people to collaborate in shaping futures.
- Two halves. Bassett, Glenn // New Internationalist;Dec2014, Issue 478, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the letter "Control Freaks" which appeared in a previous issue, suggesting humans would be better off if 90% of males were killed or neutered.
- I'm Gonna Fix That Thing! Marsh, Curt // Motor Age;Apr2003, Vol. 122 Issue 4, p114
No abstract available.