Innovating With Growth In Mind
- DATA STRATEGY - PROFILE: My biggest data challenge. // Corporate Adviser;Nov2010, p52
The article presents the authors' insights on the strategy they employed to deal with telecommunication company, O2's challenge to create 1,880 fans per day or one million more fans by the end of 2011.
- Is content really king? Istvan, Jay A. // Telephony;9/11/95, Vol. 229 Issue 11, p236
Analyzes the advantages, limitations and risks involved in vertical integration as a business strategy of telecommunication companies. Options besides vertical integration.
- The innovation challenge. Brown, Tom // Industry Week/IW;4/3/95, Vol. 244 Issue 7, p26
Focuses on the implication of business leaders' common belief that innovation ends with the inauguration of new products. Two cases in the computer industry that provide evidence to the contrary; Danger of lack of follow-up support; Backlash of corporate inventions backfiring.
- Managing Complex Networks--Key to 21st Century Innovation Success. Rycroft, Robert W.; Kash, Don E. // Research Technology Management;May/Jun99, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p13
Focuses on the critical role faced by managers in monitoring the process of network self-organization that takes place as incremental innovations are developed. Indicators of discontinuous change and network restructuring; Strategic guidance for managers.
- Understand the paradigms of automation innovation. Pinto, Jim // Process & Control Engineering (PACE);May2012, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p4
The author discusses the paradigms affecting the innovation in the automation business, considering that the automation companies are very conservative to perform outside short-term extrapolations.
- Building up your assets. Sharrock, Stuart // Satellite Communications;Aug98, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p30
Discusses the importance of having high asset values for telecommunication companies. Cessation of the glory days of windfall revenues from spectrum auctions; Growth of Internet service providers; High asset values of ISPs; Ways on how to maximize the value of assets.
- International Dimensions of Managing Technology. Joynt, Pat // Journal of General Management;Spring91, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p73
Discusses ways in which the management of technology on an international basis gives a competitive advantage. Strategic networks and alliances among internationally-oriented companies; Concepts and processes of technology, management and organization structure in a number of European companies;...
- Technology must be managed. Nayak, P. Rnaganath; Thompson, Bruce M. // Industry Week/IW;12/20/93, Vol. 242 Issue 24, p57
Suggests strategies for managing technologies and integrating it to the organization. Technology road map for investment of resources; Multifunctional teams.
- Technological Opportunities and New Firm Creation. Shane, Scott // Management Science;Feb2001, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p205
Research on the creation of new high-technology companies has typically focused either on industry-level factors such as market structure and technology regime or on individual-level factors such as the work experience of entrepreneurs. This study complements these approaches by examining the...