The Left's History Of Violence
- In Hate's Wake, the Debate Over Political Violence Begins. Hirsh, Michael // National Journal;1/15/2011, p1
The article asserts that Jared Lee Loughner's shooting of U.S. Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords demonstrates the correlation between political divisions and political violence. According to the author, despite Loughner being pronounced as a psychologically imbalanced individual, history has...
- FACTS & FIGURES. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/24/2011, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p26
The article presents several insights and figures related to the shooting of Representative Gabrielle Giffords and a crowd of onlookers in Arizona by suspect Jared Lee Loughner which was considered as one of the worst political violence in the U.S. history. Insights from several friends and...
- Apocalypse Always. Brownstein, Ronald // National Journal;1/15/2011, p7
The article discusses the implication of Jared Loughner's shooting of U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords on the nature of American politics. According to the author, Americans always criticize the incumbent government and this sometimes encourages political activism or worse, violence. He...
- The Giffords Shooting, as Only a Pulitzer Prize-winning Cartoonist Could Render it. Gillespie, Nick // Hit & Run;1/16/2011, p60
The article deals with the depiction of a public shooting committed by Jared Loughner in Tucson, Arizona in January 2010 through editorial cartoons created by Steve Benson. Representative Gabrielle Giffords was one of the victims of the shooting. The author mentions the flaws in the images by...
- TRAGIC RESPONSE TO A TRAGEDY. Newman, Alex // New American (08856540);2/7/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p10
The article reports on the politicization of the shooting in Arizona wherein six dead and more than a dozen wounded, including Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. It reveals that an Associated Press story published the same day claimed that the shooting had left Americans questioning whether...
- Loughner may be hospitalized indefinitely. Strauss, Daniel // Hill;5/26/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 73, p1
The article reports on the incompetency of the alleged suspect Jared Lee Loughner to stand trial for the case of the January 8 Tucson, Arizona rampage which killed six people and injured 13 including Representative Gabrielle Giffords.
- The minutes that turned into a dark day in Tucson. // Inside Tucson Business;1/14/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p3
The article reports on the shooting incident carried out by Jared Lee Loughner in Safeway supermarket in La Toscana Village in Tucson, Arizona, wherein U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords, who is conducting her Congress on Your Corner was shot along with six people while 13 were injured.
- Showing glimmers of hope. Moore, Miles // Tire Business;1/17/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p1
The article reports that U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords, who was shot during a "Congress On Your Corner" meet-the-constituents event in Tucson, Arizona, on January 8, 2010, has very good chances of survival. Peter Rhee, chief of trauma at the University of Arizona Medical Center, says...
- Black leaders weigh in on shooting of Arizona Rep. Giffords. JOHNSON, STEPHON // New York Amsterdam News;1/13/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p4
The article reports on the comments of African American leaders on the possible reasons behind the alleged shooting of Arizona Representative Gabrielle Giffords on January 8, 2011 by Jared Lee Loughner that left the legislator in a medically-induced coma.