A Broadband 'Sputnik Moment'
- Establishing New York's clean energy economy. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/18/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p17
The article highlights the move of various scholars, experts, and stakeholders in New York to establish the final phase of implementation of the State University of New York's (SUNY) strategic plan that focuses on the development of innovative green technologies and clean energy economy.
- Installing solar energy at home is a great investment. Suchow, Lindsay // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/15/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p15
The article presents the author's views on installing clean energy technology including solar technology which is financially and environmentally friendly.
- Innovation Versus Fear. Murfey, Dan // National Driller;Dec2012, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p4
An introduction is presented in which the publisher discusses the hesitancy of boring firms to invest in technological innovations in the U.S.
- This year's 25 Geekiest 25th anniversaries. McNamara, Paul // Network World;1/18/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p38
The article lists several technological innovations and significant happenings related to businesses and industries in 2009 in the U.S. which include the release of Commodore's Amiga 1000 personal computer, the twenty-fifth anniversary of AOL Time Warner and the release of Microsoft Corp.'s...
- Taking What They Can Get. Powell, Peter // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/3/2012, Vol. 247 Issue 1, p26
The author offers his views on the possibility that several projects that will incorporate the natural refrigerants including carbon dioxide (CO2) and commercial ammonia will emerged if regulations change in municipalities and as technology improves across the U.S.
- New Round of Innovators Joins US Government to Tackle Big Challenges. Pahlka, Jennifer; Tangherlini, Dan // Whitehouse Blog;2013, p387
A blog entry announcing the 43 Americans selected as Presidential Innovation Fellows (PIFs) who will develop innovations for saving lives, taxpayer money and boosting job creation in the private sector is presented.
- Stories of the century--Part I. Teague, Paul E. // Design News;2/1/99, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p11
Editorial. Lists some of the breakthroughs in engineering in the 20th century. Sustained flight achieved by the Wright Brothers, the inventor of airplane; Rocket that broke the sound barrier; Launching of the satellite Sputnik by Russia; Landing of the first man on the moon.
- Sputnik Fever. Killian Jr., James R. // Sciences;Oct77, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p6
Examines the impact of Sputnik I on science and technology in the United States. Determination of the scientific exploration of the nature of the universe; Progress in missiles and military satellite technology; Evaluation of scientific research and development.
- Community Stakeholders Discuss Clean Energy. Sardin, Thelma // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;5/25/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p1
Information on the meeting held on May 23, 2011 by several community stakeholders in Chicago, Illinois concerning the Chicago Clean Energy Project (CCEP) initiative which is a three billion-dollar green technology investment is presented.