Put the Guide in the 'Cloud'
- The Bead Reader. Winston, S. // Advocate;Jan1968, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p9
Comments on the vertebra of television art in the U.S. Effect of expanding technology on life; Reaction on the use of technological process; Views on the artificial production of fruits.
- TV's new prophets seek profits. Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/12/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 7, p20
Reports on the new television home shopping channels, Catalog 1, Q2 and S The Shopping Channel. Challenges; Expensiveness of upscale programming; Difficulty in finding on-air talent; Offer of credit at Fingerhut's S. INSET: Networking (new infomercials)..
- Making the switch from analog TV. Baker, Meredith Attwell // Hill;10/1/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 114, p20
The article focuses on the transition program of converting analog transmission and broadcast into digital television in the U.S. after February 17, 2009.
- CABLE OPERATORS 85 BILLION DOLLARS LATER STILL NO SPACE. Higgins, John M.; Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;6/14/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 24, p1
Focuses on a secret organization code-named Generation Network Architecture (NGNA), created to address capacity problems of cable systems in the U.S. in 2004. Background on NGNA; Proposition of NGNA; Changes brought by the NGNA process.
- DTV, VoIP Vendors Dot Show Floor. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p58
Provides information on new products launched by digital equipment manufacturers in response to U.S. cable-operator rollouts of digital simulcasting and voice-over-Internet protocol in April 2005. Video Intelligence Architecture video processing solutions from RGB Networks; EN5240 decoder from...
- Conflicted Webs Pump Personal TV. Graser, Marc // Variety;08/23/99, Vol. 376 Issue 1, p28
Discusses the emergence of personal television (TV) systems in the United States. Details on the systems; Fees charged by TiVo Inc.; Concerns of television and cable broadcasters on the trend.
- Innovation boxes out effective approach in Mercedes-Benz ads. Garfield, Bob // Advertising Age;5/11/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 19, p77
This article reports on technological innovations applied in television commercials as of 1992. AT&T Co. unveiled a digital compression technology that soon will permit 400-some cable signals to enter a home at once. This will have immediate consequences: First, viewers will be able to see...
- What Makes a Success Story Great. Laybourne, Geraldine; Rutledge, Tom // Multichannel News;4/10/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p91
Comments on innovations in the cable television sector of the U.S. List of the innovations and their role in building the cable industry; Amount invested by cable entrepreneurs in the telecommunications marketplace; Role of innovation and creativity in the growth of the cable market.
- The Industry's Unseen Talent. Bornheimer, Ryan // Television Week;5/9/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p11
Focuses on the role of voice-over artists in the television industry in the U.S. Impact of competition and technological innovations on media growth; Challenges faced by voice actors in the industry; Innovations in voice-over recording.