Cable Nets Carry Torch for TV Diversity
- The newest talk-show host. // Newsweek;1/13/85, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p59
Max Headroom, the newest talk-show host, is seen only from the chest up, has matted yellow hair and wears suits that look soldered on. The brain child of two London video directors, Americans got a taste of him on the Cinemax cable service.
- Eighties pop icon is back on TV. Sappenfield, Mark // Christian Science Monitor;10/31/96, Vol. 88 Issue 236, p18
No abstract available.
- Sad Redheads Are Taking Over TV. Maerz, Melissa // Entertainment Weekly;10/28/2011, Issue 1178, p64
The article provides a chart of characters who are redheaded and sad in television programs including the character Sergeant Brody from "Homeland," played by Damian Lewis, Anna from "A Gifted Man," played by Jennifer Ehle, and Tessa from "Suburgatory," played by Jane Levy.
- AS READ ON TV: PRIME-TIME CHARACTERS HIT THE BOOKS. Armstrong, Jennifer; Pastorek, Whitney // Entertainment Weekly;
Focuses on several books read by various television program characters, including "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius" by Dave Eggers.
- MY 5 FAVORITE TV COOL CHARACTERS. Jordan, Julie // People;1/25/2010, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p42
The article presents a list of television (TV) characters admired by actor Matt Bomer, which includes Patrick Jane from the TV program "The Mentalist," Alexander Mundy from "It Takes a Thief," and Michael Scott from "The Office."
- SOUND BITES. // Entertainment Weekly;11/23/2007, Issue 965, p65
The article presents a selection of quotations from characters on various television programs, including "Samantha Who?," and "The Amazing Race."
- DANIEL FARADAY. Snierson, Dan // Entertainment Weekly;5/15/2009, Issue 1047, p47
An obituary is presented for Daniel Faraday, a character on the television program "Lost."
- SOUND BITES. // Entertainment Weekly;5/16/2008, Issue 991, p59
The article presents quotations from several different television characters.
- THEY KISSED A GIRL. // Entertainment Weekly;9/25/2009, Issue 1067, p59
The article presents a list of actresses who have played lesbian characters on television programs including Morgan Fairchild, Winona Ryder, and Edie Falco.
- Sound Bites. // Entertainment Weekly;4/6/2012, Issue 1201, p63
The article presents quotations by television characters and actors including Marshall from the show "How I Met Your Mother," Peggy from the show "MadMen," and Mondo from the show "Project Runway All Stars."