Advanced TV Needs New Math
- Infomercials evolve as major firms join successful format. Rubel, Chad // Marketing News;1/2/95, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p1
Emphasizes the role played by infomercials in the successful formatting of major companies. Companies' search for different formats to display their information; Emergence of Consumer Resource Network (CRN), a 24-hour cable channel featuring infomercials; Use of CRN to enhance corporate image.
- Picking YOURS SPOTS. Santo, Brian // CED;May2006, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p14
The article presents several technologies used by cable operator to attract the interest of the viewers in San Francisco, California. Cable operators are desperate in getting the interest of the customers, but through digital program insertion operators will be enable to advertise at least a...
- Looking for a Fifth? Maxwell, Paul // CableFAX Daily;1/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on the problems facing cable operating systems in the U.S. as of January 9, 2006. Issue of the need for ways to monitor communications; Challenge posed by technological innovations; Recommendation for the Federal Communications Commission.
- CNNfn creates `virtual newsroom'. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;12/18/95, Vol. 125 Issue 51, p80
Reports on the computer technology and fiber capacity being incorporated by CNNfn to create `inter.face,' a real-time video link. Technology's ability to provide instant interview with financial experts from their place of work; Features and components of the inter.face system.
- Catalog 1 lures upscale shopper. Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/3/1994, Vol. 167 Issue 85, p15
Reports on Time Warner and Spiegel's Catalog 1 shopping channel. Target audience; Buying attitude of Catalog 1 shoppers; Best-selling items; Comments of Time Warner interactive merchandising president Gordon Cooke on Catalog 1's success; Number of subscribers; Time Warner's multi-media approach...
- Catalogs on a disk. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;May94, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p32
Features the tapping of catalogers for Catalog 1's electronic shopping via computers. Initial free disks to 100,000 households; Other features of the network.
- MTV networks plans to test home shopping show in April. Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/26/1994, Vol. 167 Issue 16, p2
Reports on Viacom Inc. unit MTV Networks' testing of a home shopping programming on its cable television networks. Comments of chairman and chief executive officer Tom Freston on the significance of the home shopping channel business; Music-related merchandise as MTV's product offerings;...
- CNN digitizes its news feed service. Jessell, Harry A. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/4/95, Vol. 125 Issue 36, p67
Reports that CNN will introduce a digital version of its video news feed service that will enable TV stations to sort through the stream of raw footage and packed reports. Delivery via satellite; Service to allow producers to view more of materials and have an easy access; Improvement of the...
- MTV goes shopping. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/14/94, Vol. 124 Issue 7, p31
Reports on MTV Networks plan to work with Fingerhut Companies on its home shopping test. Telephone order taking and fulfillment and other customer services; Programming creation and production; Date for market release.