Lessons From the Retrans Wars
- Fox feud trips Cablevision. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;2/17/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the conflict between Cablevision Systems Corp. and Fox Broadcasting Co., wherein Cablevision blamed the latter for the company's subscriber losses due to expensive programming costs.
- Sides break off talks. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;10/19/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the worsening relations between Cablevision Systems Corp. and Fox Broadcasting Co.
- CABLEVISION GETS FOX TV APP. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;2/17/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p6
The article reports that New York-based Cablevision has been granted access to the Fox 5 NY mobile application.
- TV viewers ensnared in Fox, Cablevision rate duel. Dobnik, Verena // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;10/18/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 246, p2
The article reports on the impact of Cablevision Systems Corp. and News Corp.'s Fox Broadcasting Corp. duel on television viewers in New York.
- BOTH SIDES DOLE TO POLS. Thielman, Sam // Daily Variety;10/25/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 16, p22
The article reports on the retransmission fees dispute between the broadcasting companies Fox Broadcasting Co. and Cablevision Systems Corp. in the U.S.
- Fox/Liberty sees rainbow. Katz, Richard; Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;06/23/97, Vol. 7 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the deal for the acquisition of a 40 percent stake in Cablevision Systems Corp.'s Rainbow by Fox/Liberty Network. News Corp.'s purchase of International Family Entertainment; 50/50 partnership with Liberty Media Corp; Linking of Fox/Liberty Network's eight regional sports channels...
- Carriage consummation? // Broadcasting & Cable;09/30/96, Vol. 126 Issue 41, p13
Reports on the speculation that Fox Broadcasting Co. and Cablevision Systems are close to completing a carriage deal for Fox News Channel cable television network.
- TCI/News Corp. $850M SportsChannel deal close. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/23/97, Vol. 127 Issue 26, p10
Reports that Tele-Communications Inc. (TCI)-backed Fox Sports is close to purchasing a 40% stake in Cablevision Systems Corp.'s New York and Chicago regional sports operation, SportsChannel. Purchase price of $850 million; Cablevision's continued operation of the regional units; Clarification of...
- Locals scramble amid Fox blackout. Thielman, Sam // Daily Variety;10/19/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the feud between Cablevision Systems Corp. and Fox Broadcasting Co. which has affected the cable subscribers in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. It states that subscribers are buying antennas and frequenting sports bars to view baseball games and cancelled their...