Leverage In a Time of Drops
- Scripps packs for some pricey Travel. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;11/6/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 25, p4
The article reports on the move of Scripps Networks Interactive Inc. to sign a contract with Cox Communications Inc. regarding the former's acquisition of a major stake in the Travel Channel in the U.S. The author explains that the deal stipulates that Scripps will acquire 65% of the cable...
- Scripps Networks' Mission: Converge and Conquer. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/7/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 10, p14
The article profiles the company Scripps Networks Interactive Inc., a media network in the U.S. It mentions that Scripps wants to be known for convergence. It notes that the company's digital advertisement sales group has received the Interactive Advertising Bureau's Long Term Achievement Award...
- Antennas revisited: A look at developing trends. Markley, Don // World Broadcast Engineering;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p16
Reports the use of panel antennas for television broadcasting in the United States. Installation of panel antennas at 150 kilowatts power; Application of panel antennas in multiple station standby systems; Reduction of the pattern distortion effects.
- People's choice: Top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p23
Informs about rankings of top basic cable programs in United States from July 24-30, 1995 and pay cable programs from July 24-30, 1995. `Kindergarten Cop,' movie; `The Terminator,' movie; `O.J. Simpson Trial Coverage'; More.
- Ratings week. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/14/95, Vol. 125 Issue 33, p17
Presents the ratings of television programs in the United States from July 31 to August 6, 1995.
- Ratings week. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/14/95, Vol. 125 Issue 33, p19
Presents a list of top rated television programs in the United States for the week starting from July 24 to 30, 1995.
- Networks losing tiny viewers to cable. Gelman, Morrie // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 34, p32
Reports on the competition between children's broadcast networks and cable television networks. Losses in viewership incurred by ABC, CBS and Fox; Audience strength shown by Nickelodeon; Programs scheduled by networks.
- Kids TV's delicate global balance. Johnson, Debra // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 34, p41
Looks into the globalization activities, efforts at optimal balancing of United States and local programming by children's television networks. Cartoon Network; Nickelodeon; Fox Children's Network.
- Top ten television shows, June 12-18. // Christian Science Monitor;6/23/95, Vol. 87 Issue 146, p2
Ranks the top ten television shows in the United States of the week, June 12-18, 1995.