Pop Technology Is in Peril
- Google Android App Market Catching Up. Sadighi, Lalee // Red Herring;12/16/2009, p1
The article reports on the market status of Google's Android application industry in the U.S. According to AndroLib, the market is growing fast as evident in the market release of 20,000 applications as of December 2009. It predicts that iPhone applications will increase to 300,000, while...
- EATING OUT FOR LESS. Baer, Adam // Real Simple;Nov2012, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p160
The article offers brief information on several application software for restaurant discounts including the BiteHunter, Savored, and Scoutmob.
- Smartphone Apps to Help Navigate Life in China. SUN, JENNIFER // China Business Review;Oct-Dec2012, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p58
The article offers brief information on several smartphone applications including the Xe Currency Exchange application, the Explore Metro Guide application, and the CamDictionary application.
- Six-Pack Apps. // Men's Health;Sep2009, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p58
The article reviews several applications for smartphones, including Cooking Capsules for T-Mobile's G1, WebMD Mobile for the Apple iPhone, and Brain Challenge 2 for Blackberry.
- Orb Offers Free Streaming of TV Shows/Sports/Movies. // CD Computing News;Aug2011, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p1
The article features the Orb Live application developed by Orb Networks of Oakland, California which is a service that enables users to stream premium online television shows, sports and movies directly to the iPhone and Android devices. Priced at 9.99 dollars with no subscription fees, Orb Live...
- Phone Tag. Quittner, Jeremy // American Banker;4/27/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 65, p5
The article gives information about Google Inc.'s Android and Apple Inc.'s iPhone smartphones which collect information about the phones' users for marketing in the location-based services sector, according to news stories in the April 22 and 25, 2011 issues of the "Wall Street Journal."
- Un buscador de pisos en el bolsillo. Goldfryd, Oski // MK - Marketing mÃ¡s Ventas;Feb2012, Vol. 26 Issue 276, p41
No abstract available.
- The Current State of Cell Phone Accessibility. Burton, Darren // Accessworld: Technology for Consumers with Visual Impairments;Jun2011, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p2
The article discusses the cellular telephone accessibility in the U.S. It describes several mobile communication devices including smartphones, iPhone, Android telephones and BlackBerry and their features. It cites various Internet service providers (ISPs) including AT&T Inc., Verizon Wireless,...
- Smartphones: Small Portion of Mobile Subscribers, But Use Two-Thirds of Total Mobile Traffic. Hill, Jeffrey // Satellite News;11/3/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 44, p3
The article offers information on a report from Informa Telecoms & Media that the average traffic per smartphone user reached 85MB per month. According to Informa Telecoms & Media principal analyst Malik Kamal-Saadi, as smartphone users spend more time on the Internet, the traffic that each one...