A Broadband Strategy That's Past Its Time
- Lobbyist: FCC plan is overkill. Jerome, Sara // Hill;6/11/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 66, p17
The article reports on the comment by the lobbyist Jim Cicconi of AT&T concerning the broadband policy of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
- FCC to pay broadband suppliers for more U.S. rural broadband deployment. // Wire Journal International;Oct2015, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) plan to pay 6 billion dollars to several broadband suppliers to spread broadband deployment in rural areas.
- FCC considers petitions for public safety networks. // Fire Engineering;Nov2009, Vol. 162 Issue 11, p38
The article reports on petitions sent by four state governments and more than 12 cities and counties to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for waivers for authority for the establishment of local and regional public safety networks in the public safety bandwidth. It mentions the...
- Genachowski Defends Broadband Stance. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;6/14/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p4
The article notes the defense made by U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski on the reclassification of broadband service under new regulations of the commission.
- THE BATTLE for spectrum. Aitken, Mark A. // Broadcast Engineering;Dec2011, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p40
The article focuses on the aspects on the summary of the National Broadband Plan (NBP) initiative of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on spectrum policy. It states the that NBP stresses that there should be 500 megahertz (MHz) of available broadband within 10 years. It also adds...
- Industry Update. // MarketWatch: Technology;Sep2006, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p3
The article reports developments related to business. The competition between BSkyB and NTL have escalated after Sky disclosed its free broadband plans and NTL responded with an enhanced service offering. The U.S. Federal Communications Commission confirmed its support to...
- Group: Overhaul FCC Broadband Rulings. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;5/18/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p19
The article focuses on the proposal of Free Press, an open Internet-advocacy group, to redevelop Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) broadband regulations in Washington. The group encouraged FCC to simplify its broadband and telecommunications service by allowing open-access to their...
- Cuba: could there be a 'cigars-for-bandwith' proposal in its future? // Wire Journal International;Feb2016, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p16
The article reports on the future development plans of Ministry of Communications for the Republic of Cuba. It includes the rumor proposals on building the north-south undersea cable between the U.S. and Cuba, finished construction of 950-mile fiber-optic cable system on Florida ad U.S. Navy...
- Social Networking and Open Government. Cohen, Aaron M. // Futurist;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the proposed 10-year national broadband plan of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). It states that the plan outlines long-term goals which include providing fast and reliable broadband service to hospitals, schools, and government buildings, and creating...