- Discovery Issues a Headstrong Debut, Totes $350M Private Deal. Colomer, Nora // Private Placement Letter;1/29/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the private placement transaction issued by Discovery Communications Incorporation's Discovery Channel.
- USA provides Stern warning. Littleton, Cynthia // Broadcasting & Cable;04/28/97, Vol. 127 Issue 18, p39
Reports on the success of USA Networks' bid for the rights of the film `Private Parts.' Deal made by the company with Rysher Entertainment; Competition with Fox Broadcasting Co. and CBS Inc.
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- USA makes statement with `Private Parts.' Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;04/28/97, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p6
Reports that the week ending April 26, 1997 USA Network acquired the exclusive network window rights to the Rysher Entertainment film `Private Parts,' based on media celebrity, Howard Stern's life. Estimated amount of money the network spent for the exclusive rights of the film; When the...
- Over the rainbow. Powderly, II, Henry E. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/29/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p42A
The article reports that the shareholders of Cablevision Systems Corp. have not approved the privatization of the company. The company is owned by the Dolan family, which is planning to sell its Rainbow Media division that operates several cable television networks, to the highest bidder. It has...
- Lifetime adds threesome for fall. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p22
Informs about the launching of various television programs sponsored by Lifetime Television on different issues. Airing of `Late Date with Sari,' from October 16, 1995; `Handmade by Design,' from September 11, 1995; `All About You,' from October 1995; More.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.
- Sports highlight FX remake. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p53
Focuses on the restructuring of FX cable network by Fox, which will include the broadcasting of sporting events. Sports properties which will be joining the network; FX's programming; Views of Rich Ross, FX's programmer; FX's non-sports-oriented original shows; Names of game shows; Names of...
- Look & learn as home, lifestyle channels show the way. Menichini, Mike // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p22
Focuses on cable television networks that offer lifestyle improvement programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. HGTV; Food Network; Discovery Home and Leisure; Style; Do It Yourself.