Changes for the Better
- Trying to Beat Broadcast Over the Ears. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;3/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on CableLabs Inc.'s development of specifications for an interface that lets set-top boxes receive the signals of television (TV) broadcasters over the air. The benefits of this technology to cable operators and audiences are discussed. The consortium states that the...
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;2/7/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p16
The article offers updates on cable television industry-related issues in the U.S. including the closed deal of the joint venture of NBC Universal Inc. and Comcast Corp., the appointment of Robert Mills as chief financial officer (CFO) at Knology Inc., and the long-term agreement between Time...
- What's Coming Up In Cable Technology. // Multichannel News;8/27/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p42
The author reflects on the significant developments in the cable television sector citing the move of the multiple system operator (MSO) to develop new businesses apart from home security in the U.S.
- Movies on Demand: Breaking Through. // Multichannel News;10/3/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 37, p51
The article reports on the development in the integrated marketing campaign of cable companies in the U.S. that promote Movies on Demand (MOD) category to its subscribers.
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;8/4/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p16
A calendar of events related to the U.S. cable television industry for the period between August 3 to September 30, 2014 is presented including the CableLabs Summer Conference, the Next TV Summit San Francisco, and the Women In Cable Telecommunications Leadership Conference.
- Walk Less, See More at INTX. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;3/30/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p32
The article offers information on the annual convention of the cable industry "INTX: The Internet & Television Exposition" to be held in Chicago, Illinois, from May 5-7, 2015.
- Our Election Day Vote. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/1/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 41, p26
The author reflects on the significance of the election day on the broadcasting and cable industry in the U.S. He discusses the need for news division to prepare for the election day because it will create a big impact in the industry. He also comments that news anchors should not be selfish in...
- Sagansky: TV's 'Underlying Dynamics Not Pretty'. Winslow, George // Broadcasting & Cable;9/15/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 33, p16
The article reports on the problems faced by U.S. TV broadcast and cable companies, particularly on declining revenues that affect increases in subscriber fees, as discussed by Global Eagle Entertainment founders Jeff Sagansky and Harry Sloan in the 2014 NextTV Summit in San Francisco, California.
- Pics or It Didn't Happen. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/12/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 2, p4
Photographs are presented of personalities in the television and cable industry in the U.S. taken during several events including news anchor Anderson Cooper, television producer Jenni Konner, and Tribune Broadcasting president Larry Wert.