A Campus View on Cord-Cutting
- Web can't crack coin conundrum. McLean, Thomas J. // Daily Variety;6/3/2009, Vol. 303 Issue 41, pA8
The article focuses on the issues surrounding Web series in the U.S. Accordingly, it discusses the advantages of Web series including its privilege of being well-funded which enable them to create episodes that will run long. It also examines the two main obstacles affecting Web series from...
- Is the Us model the only way forward for internet TV? STREET, ALEX // New Media Age;10/22/2009, p26
The article presents the author's insights on the U.S. Internet television model. He cites some developments related to Internet television in the U.S. which make the U.S. ahead of Great Britain in terms of development, adoption and measurement. The lessons from the U.S. model are also...
- ITV. // Caribbean Business;11/8/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p18
Editorial. Focuses on the interactive television (iTV) in Puerto Rico. Opportunity of cable companies on iTV to improve services; Competition of Internet access market through iTV; Provision of Internet-based services in the local access market.
- FROM TRAVOLUTION.CO.UK. // Travel Weekly (UK);1/14/2011, Vol. 6 Issue 2050, p71
The article reports on the author's prediction that in 2011, television will become a networked, internet-enabled device which travel companies will be able to use for selling their products.
- IPTV takes baby steps to be different. Wilson, Carol // Telephony;10/22/2007, Vol. 248 Issue 17, p24
The article reports on trends in Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) technology. It notes that IPTV has started to reach U.S. households in major metro areas and is already delivering more than entertainment. IPTV platforms have introduced more personalized content, such as on-demand access to...
- NEW SPACES FOR ADS ON IPTV. Howarth, Brad // B&T Weekly;1/20/2006, Vol. 55 Issue 2548, p9
The article focuses on the launch of the trial for the first commercial service of Microsoft TV, an Internet Protocol Television service started by telecommunications service provider SBC Communications Inc. in December 2005. It combines many elements of the world wide web into a truly converged...
- A maturing industry needs to focus on enhancing visions. // New Media Age;12/12/2002, p36
Discusses the need for television networks to offer iTV (interactive television) services. Increased interest in and expectance of iTV services in Great Britain; Opinion that iTV service do not need to be complex; Development of cost effective iTV services.
- BBC backs internet TV. Pennington, Adrian // TVB Europe;Mar2008, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p41
The article reports on the support accorded by British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) to P2P-Next, pan-European project, in Netherlands. The company backed a Â£10.6 million project aims in shaping the future of internet television (TV). The project will develop a platform that would enable audiences...
- Load Limit. Robins, J. Max // Broadcasting & Cable;6/26/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 26, p6
Comments on the forays of CBS Corp. into online distribution. Benefits from limiting the commercial and promotional load in broadcast programming; Options of viewers to avoid the myriad of advertisements; Audience engagement with television and other media platforms according to a study...