A Campus View on Cord-Cutting
- Is the Us model the only way forward for internet TV? STREET, ALEX // New Media Age;10/22/2009, p26
The article presents the author's insights on the U.S. Internet television model. He cites some developments related to Internet television in the U.S. which make the U.S. ahead of Great Britain in terms of development, adoption and measurement. The lessons from the U.S. model are also...
- Web can't crack coin conundrum. McLean, Thomas J. // Daily Variety;6/3/2009, Vol. 303 Issue 41, pA8
The article focuses on the issues surrounding Web series in the U.S. Accordingly, it discusses the advantages of Web series including its privilege of being well-funded which enable them to create episodes that will run long. It also examines the two main obstacles affecting Web series from...
- ITV. // Caribbean Business;11/8/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p18
Editorial. Focuses on the interactive television (iTV) in Puerto Rico. Opportunity of cable companies on iTV to improve services; Competition of Internet access market through iTV; Provision of Internet-based services in the local access market.
- FROM TRAVOLUTION.CO.UK. // Travel Weekly (UK);1/14/2011, Vol. 6 Issue 2050, p71
The article reports on the author's prediction that in 2011, television will become a networked, internet-enabled device which travel companies will be able to use for selling their products.
- Load Limit. Robins, J. Max // Broadcasting & Cable;6/26/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 26, p6
Comments on the forays of CBS Corp. into online distribution. Benefits from limiting the commercial and promotional load in broadcast programming; Options of viewers to avoid the myriad of advertisements; Audience engagement with television and other media platforms according to a study...
- YAHOO'S RUSS SHAFER. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;8/10/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p1
This article reports on the creation by Yahoo! Inc. of a proprietary Widget Engine that allows third parties to directly distribute content from the Web to the television (TV) eliminating the need for an extra set-top box. The Widget Engine allows any Web content to be converted for TV viewing...
- Internet Video's 'Best Effort' Still Lacking. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Multichannel News;5/22/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p20
Criticizes the poor quality of Internet television in the U.S. Plan to watch "The Colbert Report" on Comedy Central; Video quality of Internet television; Efforts to improve quality transmission of Internet video.
- Multimedia Matters: Deliver IP Data, But Be Video Aware. Brown, Peter J. // VIA Satellite;4/1/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p3
This article explains that with IPTV maintaining quality of experience brings its own set of challenges and greater degree of emphasis on IP network management, operations support system and video quality of service. Ian Roy, vice president of product management at Netcracker Technology, likes...
- IPTV takes baby steps to be different. Wilson, Carol // Telephony;10/22/2007, Vol. 248 Issue 17, p24
The article reports on trends in Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) technology. It notes that IPTV has started to reach U.S. households in major metro areas and is already delivering more than entertainment. IPTV platforms have introduced more personalized content, such as on-demand access to...