'Idol' Spotlight on Retrans Debate
- Interactive Television Is Here -- Really. Lafayette, Jon // Multichannel News;10/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p8
The article reports on the emergence of interactive television and its impact on advertising applications using Enhanced Television (TV) Binary Interchange Format-enabled applications as discussed at the Cable Television Administration & Marketing Society (CTAM) Summit 2010 in the U.S.
- Coke leads the way out of the ad break despite TiVo retreat. Beale, Claire // Campaign;2/14/2003, Issue 7, p2
Focuses on the television (TV) recording instrument TiVo and its effect on traditional TV advertising. Decline in the subscriber numbers of TiVo; Call of Coca-Cola Co. greater collaboration between marketers and content provider.
- WALA-TV gets creative with digital microwave. Reece, Johnny // Broadcast Engineering;Oct2002, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p124
Reports on innovations in the broadcast capacity of WALA-TV in Mobile, Alabama. Reference to Microwave Radio Communications systems of the station; Relocation of the studio of the television station; Use of dual waveguide switch arrangement.
- Cable. // Business NH Magazine;Jan1998, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p35
Provides information about the cable television companies in New Hampshire. Why the services and rates in cable television vary; List of the basic rates, commercial rates, and bulk account rates offered by the companies.
- The rise of cable television. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/12/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 47, p29
Focuses on the development of cable televisions in the United States. Capabilities of satellite on the relay services of television stations; Launching of the CNN news channel; Complications of satellite signals among pay cable channel.
- 5 THINGS TO WATCH THIS WEEK. Tauber, Michelle // People;11/15/2010, Vol. 74 Issue 18, p43
This article discusses television programs airing and premiering during the week of November 8, 2010, including "Conan," "The Fashion Show," and "Burn Notice."
- What to Watch SATURDAY. Shaw, Jessica; Ram, Archana // Entertainment Weekly;
This article reports on television programs airing on Saturday, October 2, 2010 including "Iconoclasts," "Saturday Night Live," and "The Empowered Patient."
- HDTV, technically speaking. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;5/6/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 19, p56
Reports the use of high-definition television signals of the broadcasters in the U.S. Improvement of the television relay systems; Installation of the digital tiers; Management scheme of the cable set-top boxes.
- 620K. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/18/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 19, p35
A statistic is given on the number of CableCard modules deployed in retail-bought video devices by the top nine U.S. cable operators as of May 18, 2015.