In Praise of a Standstill Option
- TBN to lose Miami station. // Christianity Today;1/8/96, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p69
Reports that Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN), Tustin, California, has lost the long-running dispute with the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) over television station ownership. Results of the November 06, 1995, ruling; What the FCC rules state.
- Comedy Central dealt `Real Deal'. Battaglio, Stephen // Hollywood Reporter;2/27/95, Vol. 336 Issue 9, p4
Features `Real Deal,' a Comedy Central unscripted comedy featuring five comedians playing a real poker game. Amount of money at stake; Challenge of the show as finding material that was not too raunchy for airing.
- Will interactive gambling be a financial hit for TV stations? Reid, Alasdair // Campaign;10/26/2001, Issue 43, p16
Focuses on the impact of gambling on interactive television companies in Great Britain. Relationship between bookmakers and broadcasters in producing interactive programming in the broadcast stream; Deal between BSkyB and Ladbrokes on the exploration of possible television interactive gambling;...
- NERVE'S SELF-SERVE. Bing, Jonathan; Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;11/09/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 49, p3
Reports the deal between Home Box Office network and Web magazine Nerve.com Web to develop a non-fiction program in the United States. Diversity of the audience targeted by the planned joint show; Development of a show for ABC Entertainment; Fascination with the behind the scenes production.
- Cartoon, Turner South Gain Carriage. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;02/05/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on the carriage deals gained by entertainment network Turner South in the United States. Inclusion of Turner in the 'Total Choice' package of DirecTV; Efforts of Turner South to offer movies and news programs; Launch of television series 'Liars and Legends'.
- EM.TV says no go. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;11/1/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 22, p8
Reports that sports and entertainment TV group EM.TV company has rejected Premiere's offer to buy its free-to-air sports channel DSF.
- BT Cellnet in 4 million pounds deal to sponsor new Big Brother. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);4/26/2001, p1
Reports the deal of BT Cellnet with Channel 4 to sponsor the second series of 'Big Brother' in Great Britain. Cost of the show sponsorship; Expected target of the television program series; Coverage of the sponsorship.
- DISPATCHES. // Variety;11/20/2000, Vol. 381 Issue 1, p39
Covers news briefs on television broadcasting around the world as of November 20, 2000. Agreement between Kinowelt and NBC Europe; Launching of a television service by Sky in Tierra del Fuego, Argentina; Partnership of Hallmark Entertainment Network with Home Cable in the Philippines; Decision...
- An Open Letter to Congress. FitzPatrick, Paul // CableFAX Daily;4/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 69, p10
Presents an open letter to the U.S. Congress about the a la carte mandate that gives cable television subscribers more options to save cost. Impact of the mandate on cable providers; Challenges to be faced by the Federal Communications Commission on implementing the mandate; Disadvantages posed...