In Praise of a Standstill Option
- TBN to lose Miami station. // Christianity Today;1/8/96, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p69
Reports that Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN), Tustin, California, has lost the long-running dispute with the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) over television station ownership. Results of the November 06, 1995, ruling; What the FCC rules state.
- Comedy Central dealt `Real Deal'. Battaglio, Stephen // Hollywood Reporter;2/27/95, Vol. 336 Issue 9, p4
Features `Real Deal,' a Comedy Central unscripted comedy featuring five comedians playing a real poker game. Amount of money at stake; Challenge of the show as finding material that was not too raunchy for airing.
- Will interactive gambling be a financial hit for TV stations? Reid, Alasdair // Campaign;10/26/2001, Issue 43, p16
Focuses on the impact of gambling on interactive television companies in Great Britain. Relationship between bookmakers and broadcasters in producing interactive programming in the broadcast stream; Deal between BSkyB and Ladbrokes on the exploration of possible television interactive gambling;...
- NERVE'S SELF-SERVE. Bing, Jonathan; Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;11/09/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 49, p3
Reports the deal between Home Box Office network and Web magazine Nerve.com Web to develop a non-fiction program in the United States. Diversity of the audience targeted by the planned joint show; Development of a show for ABC Entertainment; Fascination with the behind the scenes production.
- Cartoon, Turner South Gain Carriage. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;02/05/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on the carriage deals gained by entertainment network Turner South in the United States. Inclusion of Turner in the 'Total Choice' package of DirecTV; Efforts of Turner South to offer movies and news programs; Launch of television series 'Liars and Legends'.
- EM.TV says no go. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;11/1/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 22, p8
Reports that sports and entertainment TV group EM.TV company has rejected Premiere's offer to buy its free-to-air sports channel DSF.
- BT Cellnet in 4 million pounds deal to sponsor new Big Brother. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);4/26/2001, p1
Reports the deal of BT Cellnet with Channel 4 to sponsor the second series of 'Big Brother' in Great Britain. Cost of the show sponsorship; Expected target of the television program series; Coverage of the sponsorship.
- DISPATCHES. // Variety;11/20/2000, Vol. 381 Issue 1, p39
Covers news briefs on television broadcasting around the world as of November 20, 2000. Agreement between Kinowelt and NBC Europe; Launching of a television service by Sky in Tierra del Fuego, Argentina; Partnership of Hallmark Entertainment Network with Home Cable in the Philippines; Decision...
- BLOWING it up…. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Jun2005, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p38
The article reports on the conditional access (CA) system and its existence in the U.S. market. The cable industry in the nation is exploring the concept of downloadable security in the place of using CA systems hardware into the set top. When the Federal Communications Commission of the nation...