The whaling debacle
- Man Loses at Shell Gaines. Galea, Steve // Ontario Out of Doors;2009 Hunting Annual, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p13
The article focuses on the conviction of Pak Sun Chung of Toronto, Ontario of charges of illegally possessing and transporting species at risk and game wildlife. It was alleged that he was also buying game wildlife illegally and breaching a court order. Justice Mark Hornblower has sentenced...
- INFRACTIONS. // Western Sportsman;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p50
The article presents cases of fish and wildlife violations in Alberta, Canada. Dollard Dollaire, a former outfitter-guide, was fined 55,200 Canadian dollars, after pleading guilty to hunting without a license and unlawful possession of wildlife. Donald Wilson was ordered to pay 16,917 Canadian...
- Directors jailed for 28 years over Â£23m biofuels fraud. Norman, Tessa // Money Marketing (Online Edition);12/8/2014, p1
The article reports that three former directors including Gary West, James Whale and Stuart Stone, sentenced to a total of 28 years for their 23 million pound fraud which promoted biofuel investments to Great Britain investors. Judge who handling down the sentence described the fraud as a...
- FISHERIES. // Ausmarine;Nov2005, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p14
The article offers news briefs on fisheries in Australia as of November 2005. Australian Fisheries Minister Senator Ian Macdonald demands that the United Nations Convention for the Law of the Sea should be reviewed. A national committee of experts who develops the Australian Standard for fish...
- Hazards of the sentencing guidelines. O'Toole, Franklin // CPA Journal;Feb96, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p36
Focuses on the United States Federal sentencing guidelines which determines fines for criminal offenses. Background and focus of the guidelines; Nonmonetary punishment; Monetary punishment; Calculation of fines; Minimum action steps for the company seeking to protect itself.
- The Nation's Felons. Tischler, Eric // Corrections Today;Aug99, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p14
Reports on the felony convictions in the United States. Counts of convicted felonies in the country in 1996; Growth of state felony convictions in 1988; Average jail sentence for offenders.
- Age and Occupational Status of Defendant in Relation to Mock Juror Sentencing Recommendations. Loeffler, Rebecca L.; Lawson, Timothy J. // Current Psychology;Fall2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p289
This study extended the research of Smith & Hed (1975) by examining the effect of age and occupational status on sentencing recommendation by mock jurors. Participants read a description of a crime committed by a young or old and high or low status defendant, recommended a sentence, and...
- Retroactive amendments revisited. Goodwin, Catharine M. // Federal Probation;Sep94, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p58
Reports on the Sentencing Commission's revision of it retroactive amendment procedure, Policy Statement 1B1.10. Elimination of guideline applications and fact determinations; Other amendments passed by the Commission.
- Reports received. // Federal Probation;Sep94, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p72
Reviews the report `The Consequences of Mandatory Minimum Prison Terms: A Summary of Recent Findings,' issued by the Federal Judicial Center in Washington, D.C.