Stimulate private sector to reduce joblessness
- Slight drop in jobless rate as private sector boosts hiring. DAKS, MARTIN C. // njbiz;9/20/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p10
The article reports on a slight decline in unemployment rate in New Jersey as the private sector boosts hiring, according to a report released on September 15, 2010.
- Unemployment hits 4.4 percent. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/30/2001-8/6/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the decline in the private-sector job count of New York state in June 2001. Figures released by the State Labor Department; Seasonally adjusted unemployment rate; Comparison with the national unemployment rate; Number of New Yorkers that had jobs during the period.
- Region's unemployment levels off. Golden, John // Westchester County Business Journal;4/5/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 14, p2
The article cites a report which shows a decrease in number of private-sector jobs in the 12-month period ending in February 2010 in Hudson Valley, New York.
- Local jobless rates up slightly. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);6/20/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p8
The article presents information on a study conducted on the joblessness in the regions of Texas which include details on nonfarm jobs, seasonally adjusted unemployment and the increase in private sector employment.
- Tucson job losses not as bad as elsewhere in AZ. // Inside Tucson Business;7/20/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 60, p4
The article reports that the number of private-sector employees in Tucson, Arizona from 2009 to 2010 did not have bigger declines compared to other areas in Arizona.
- Riyadh enlists private sector. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/5/2011, Vol. 55 Issue 31, p6
The article comments on the proposed Work Programme in Saudi Arabia which will use private-sector expertise to solve the growing unemployment problem in the country.
- Jobs rebound. BARRON, SAM // Westchester County Business Journal;4/29/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 17, p4
The article reports that the Department of Labor in New York added 14,000 private sector jobs in March 2013 with a total job count of 7,426,100 in private sector. It states that three counties found improvement including Westchester's unemployment rate that decreased from 7.2 percent, Rockland...
- June job index shows sluggish growth. Becker, Bernie // Hill;7/12/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 101, p14
The article reports on the employment trends index by the Conference Board which shows that private-sector job has inched upward in June 2011 despite bleak government report on unemployment in the U.S.
- It's time to focus on jobs. Hager, L. Michael // Hill;3/17/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p21
The article reports on the high unemployment rate in 2011 in the U.S. and how this can be dealt with by the private sector.