Curbing obesity epidemic is key health care priority
- How to fat-proof your kid. Colino, Stacey // Redbook;Oct2003, Vol. 201 Issue 4, p186
Offers tips on how to prevent obesity and other health disorders in children.
- CHILDHOOD OBESITY: A 'BIG' PROBLEM. // Medical Update;Mar2001, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p5
Addresses the incidence of obesity in children.
- Today's kids are no worse for weight. Kleinman, Ronald // Education Digest;Apr94, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p69
Discusses various aspects of obesity among children. Defining overweight; Causes of obesity in children; The issue of fat and cholesterol; Ways in which adults can encourage good eating habits.
- Establishing a standard definition for child overweight and obesity worldwide: international survey. Cole, Tim J // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);05/06/2000, Vol. 320 Issue 7244, p1240
Objective: To develop an internationally acceptable definition of child overweight and obesity, specifying the measurement, the reference population, and the age and sex specific cut off points.
- Three household routines may prevent childhood obesity. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Mar2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p59
This article discusses a study on an association between household routines and obesity in children.
- Take A Hike, Junior. Hyde-Keller, O'rya; Sanchez, Brianne // Backpacker;Aug2004, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p74
Gives pieces of advice on preventing obesity in children.
- Poll ranks concerns over children's health. FULLER, CAITLIN // National Catholic Reporter;9/16/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 24, p5a
The article offers information on the top health concerns for children of all races which include childhood obesity, drug abuse, and teen pregnancy.
- No worse for weight. Kleinman, Ronald // NEA Today;Dec93, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p15
Presents information of health matters concerning children and overweightedness. Childhood obesity; Relative sizes and weight of children in the 1990s with previous generations of students; Definition of overweightedness; Causes of obesity; Intake of cholesterol; Role of exercise; Time for...
- Children & OBESITY. Harrison, Samantha; Osfield, Stephanie // Australian Women's Weekly;Feb2003, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p138
Discusses the prevalence of obesity among children in Australia. Reasons behind the prevalence of obesity; Health risks of obese children; Factors to consider for the prevention of weight problems among children.