Cell therapy for cystinosis
- CITATIONS AND CLINICIANS' NOTES: TREATMENT -- NOVEL THERAPIES. // Current Medical Literature: Lysosomal Storage Disease;2005, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p89
The article presents information about papers related to novel therapies for lysosomal storage diseases. The paper "Five-Year Follow-Up of Two Siblings With Aspartylglucosaminuria Undergoing Allogeneic Stem-Cell Transplantation From Unrelated Donors," by G. Malm, J.E. Mansson and J. Winiarski...
- Cellular therapies: what is still missing? Pinkernell, Kai // Kidney International;Jun2011, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p1161
Yeagy and colleagues present long-term data from a preclinical model of cystinosis after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. The results suggest a therapeutic benefit independent of target tissue differentiation but dependent on the level of bone marrow chimerism. The mode of action remains...
- Cell therapy for cystinosis*. Terryn, Sara; Devuyst, Olivier; Antignac, Corinne // Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation;Jul2010, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p2103
In the September 2009 issue of Blood, Syres et al.  report on syngeneic bone marrow cell (BMC) and haematopoietic stem cell (HSC) therapy as a successful treatment in a mouse model of cystinosis, an autosomal recessive metabolic disease caused by a defect in the transport of cystine across...
- HALLETS' COMET. Jozefowicz, Chris // Current Science;11/4/2005, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p10
Presents information about a lucky dog, Comet, that has stem-cell transplants for treatment. INSET: BLOOD FROM BONE.
- Transplantation of autologous peripheral blood progenitor cells procured after high-dose cytarabine-based consolidation chemotherapy for adults with acute myelogenous leukemia in first remission. Schiller, G; Lee, M; Miller, T; Lill, M; Mittal-Henkle, A; Paquette, R; Sawyers, C; Territo, M // Leukemia (08876924);Sep97, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p1533
The purpose of the study was to evaluate the feasibility and efficacy of high-dose cytarabine-anthracycline consolidation chemotherapy followed by autologous transplantation of chemotherapy/rHuG-CSF-mobilized peripheral blood progenitor cells for adult patients with acute myelogenous leukemia in...
- Acute Renal Toxicity Common after High-Dose ICE for Stem-Cell Transplantation. // Kidney;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p178
Presents a summary of the article 'Nephrotoxicity of High-Dose Ifosfamide/Carboplatin/Etoposide in Adults Undergoing Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation,' by O.F. Ballester, T. Mattox et al published in 'American Journal of Medical Science' periodical.
- Tell Me More. Mettenburg, Julie // Countdown;Winter2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p40
Provides answers to readers' questions about diabetes. Barriers in the consideration of stem cell transplantation as a possible cure for diabetes; Research about genes called HLA markers which are associated with risk for diabetes.
- Erratum. // Archives of Iranian Medicine (AIM);May2009, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p329
A correction to the article "Stem Cell Transplantation: Iranian Experience" that was published in the January 2009 is presented.
- Workshop on haploidentical stem cell transplantation: Chicago, Illinois, USA, 18-19 November 2000. Walker, I.R. // Leukemia (08876924);Mar2002, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p424
Details the proceedings of the workshop on haploidentical stem cell transplantation held in Chicago, Illinois, in November 2000. Graft preparation; Overall outcome and relapse; Prevention of infection; Anti-thymocyte globulin; Role of NK activity preventing relapse and rejection.