Cause and effect
- The importance of hygiene. // Employee Benefits;Jul2004, MOTIVATION p3
Discusses the importance of hygiene and motivation in the workplace. Factors affecting industrial hygiene; Identification of various employee motivators.
- Managing Work Force Realities. Sorenson, Steve // Credit Union Executive Journal;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p32
Suggests several tips for credit unions on personnel management. Changes in the efforts of chief executive officers to effectively staff their credit unions; Tips on the recruitment and selection of employees for credit unions; Suggestions on how to retain and motivate employees.
- Leadership, motivation can stem from human resources. Payne, Kirby D. // Hotel & Motel Management;11/03/97, Vol. 212 Issue 19, p44
Presents tips on how to improve and manage human resources in the hospitality industry. How to solve the employee's retention and recruiting problem; Importance of satisfying and motivating the employees.
- ACCOUNTABILITY OF ANY PERSONNEL MANAGER. Murthy, Narasihma // International Journals of Marketing & Technology;Feb2013, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p30
The article focuses on the role and responsibilities of human resource (HR) managers, Noted functions of HR managers include leadership, administration, motivation and skill development of employees. Suggestions are also offered for HR Managers such as open-mindedness, proper employee selection...
- Overcoming the Difficulties of Hiring. DUNKLEY, RYAN // GreenMaster;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p26
The article offers information on how to find the right individuals to maintain the continuity of the culture and fit within the social workings of current employees in the golf course. It is essential to understand a person's motivations and what goals they are trying to satisfy in their own...
- The right people doing the right things. Brooks, Ian // NZ Business;Apr2008, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p79
The article offers tips for business owners on hiring the right employees. It states that one should hire employees based on their attitude. It advises businesspeople to remind their employees about the preference of customers to deal with staff who are polite, reliable and competent. The author...
- TASKMASTER OR TEACHER?: The type of supervisor you choose to be makes a difference. Muir, Julie L. // Journal of Property Management;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p14
In this article, the author reflects on steps in choosing the right employee to assume a supervisory position in the U.S. The author mentions that if she intends to choose among her subordinates to assume her supervisory position once she retired, she would based it on commitment, aptitude,...
- Are you happy with business at status quo? Greenwald, Richard // Westchester County Business Journal;8/23/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 34, p13
The article offers information concerning the task of human resource (HR) managers and small-business owners in the U.S. in keeping employees' spirit high. It states that employee selection is the key and the most important investment to increased productivity in the company after the recession....
- PART TWO: MOTIVATION AND PEOPLE MANAGEMENT. Adair, John // Concise Adair on Leadership;9/1/2003, p53
The article focuses on motivation and personnel management. It discusses the 50:50 rule, needs and motivation, McGregor's Theory X and Theory Y, and managers/leaders and motivation. Hygiene factors and motivating factors are differentiated. A motivating checklist for managers is provided. A...