It's difficult to operate when using the scalpel on yourself
- EDITOR'S LETTER. // HR Professional;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p6
The author presents his views on the impact of budget cuts on human resources programs of the corporations for the training and development of the employees.
- HR departments moving closer to the table. Glenn, David J. // Westchester County Business Journal;5/19/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 20, p4
Cites key survey findings regarding the relegation of human resource officials to the sidelines of the corporate structure of U.S. firms in 2003. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on the business sector.
- Behind the Global Curve. Javidan, Mansour; Walker, Jennie L.; Bullough, Amanda // People & Strategy;2013, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p42
The article discusses the significance of global mindset for human resources (HR) professionals, the global-readiness of HR professionals, and suggestions for developing stronger global mindsets. Particular focus is given to leadership development which is a prime example of strategic enabling...
- Law Also Addresses Compliant Procedures. Exall, Marian // HR Magazine;Nov2003, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p23
Discusses compliance of the human resources department with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act in the U.S. Requirements of Section 301 of the act, for audit committees of boards of public companies; Considerations to determine whether the complaint hotline meets the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act;...
- Reflective Coaching Versus Directive Coaching in the Management of the Organization. ENESCU, Camelia; POPESCU, Delia Mioara // Review of International Comparative Management / Revista de Mana;Mar2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p86
This article tackles the coaching process in managerial context from the viewpoint of the role the human resources heterogeneity plays within an organization. It puts focus on the analysis of various types of reflection over a classical managerial process, as well as on the propagation of the...
- DEVELOPMENT OF CAPACITY IN THE REGIONAL RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY, SOUTH SULAWESI PROVINCE. Karnaeni, Guntur; Akib, Haedar; Jasruddin; Arismunandar // International Journal of Academic Research;Jul2014, Vol. 6 Issue 4, Special section p162
This study aims at discussing and analyzing the development of the capacity in the Regional Research and Development Agency (Balitbangda/Badan Penelitian dan Pembangunan Daerah) South Sulawesi province in a position as a regional technical institution in the field of research and development....
- Will HR be about strategic partnership or operational support in 2028? Thomson, Peter // Personnel Today;2/26/2008, p12
The author reflects on the issue on how the human resources (HR) function adopts different ways of leading, motivating and rewarding the new generation in Great Britain. He thinks that getting the best match between people's motivation to work and the environment presented by their employer has...
- It's Not HR's Job to Be Strategic. Graber, Sean // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;10/31/2014, p2
The article explains why the human resources (HR) department should not act as a strategic business partner and suggests that HR activities should be reorganized based on the service delivery model which divides HR activities into different categories.
- Human resources. Simons, Graham // Recruiter;3/9/2011, p14
The article reports on the demand for people with all-around human resource (HR) knowledge in Great Britain. It notes that budgets for HR departments are being slashed which means that the departments are being more savvy and are recruiting generalists who can work with various sectors such as...