The Pedagogy of the Debate over Evolution and Intelligent Design
- LETTERS. Johnson, Gabe; Spilhaus, Fred; McGrath, Leila; Chang, Yee; Keeton, Brittany; Sandberg, Eric M.; Peterson, Jon; Hartman, Tom; Manger, Henry; Fuller, Martin; Graf, David P.; Friedenberg, Beverly; Weller, Paul D.; Ashokan, Arunachalam; Gumprich, Jean-Pierre; Kress, Ralph; Rubin, Ronald; Vrhel, George // Time;9/5/2005, Vol. 166 Issue 10, p8
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. Implications of the "Evolution Wars" over teaching intelligent design along with Darwinian theory; "Can You Believe in God and Evolution?" which examines the intelligent-design debate; "The Condi...
- FROM THE EDITOR. // Reports of the National Center for Science Education;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the creation a new name for the column "From the Editor's Desk," "intelligent design" creationism by Norman Sleep and Lawrence S. Lerner and book reviews from John Timmer' blog.
- United Kingdom. // Reports of the National Center for Science Education;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p12
The article focuses on a question included in a national test that was administered on June 22, 2009 in Great Britain regarding theories on the development of new species of plants and animals such as creationism and intelligent design.
- An OER COUP: College Teacher and Student Perceptions of Open Educational Resources. Bliss, T. J.; Jared Robinson, T.; Hilton, John; Wiley, David A. // Journal of Interactive Media in Education;Spring2013, p1
Despite increased development and dissemination, there has been very little empirical research on Open Educational Resources (OER). Teachers and students involved in a large-scale OER initiative at eight community colleges across the United States were given a detailed questionnaire aimed at...
- INTELLIGENT DESIGN CREATIONISM'S TROJAN HORSE. // Church & State;Feb2005, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p9
Interviews Barbara Forrest, a professor of philosophy at Southeastern Louisiana University in Hammond, Louisiana, about her book "Creationism's Trojan Horse: The Wedge of Intelligent Design." Strategy of Religious Rights organization for working intelligent design creationism into America's...
- Fostering Methodological Competence in Future Professional Learning Instructors based on Module-Competence Technology. Dauletalieva, Roza R.; Atymtaeva, Bakhyt E. // European Researcher;2014, Vol. 66 Issue 1-1, p82
This article brings to light the significance and place of methodological competence in the structure of the professional pedagogical competence of future professional learning instructors. The structural components of methodological competence are presented as an integrative trait of the...
- WASHINGTON DIARIST: Creations. Wieseltier, Leon // New Republic;8/22/2005, Vol. 233 Issue 8/9, p38
Presents the author's views on the controversy surrounding evolution and intelligent design. Author's view that intelligent design proponents have not demonstrated what they congratulate themselves for demonstrating; Suggestion that intelligent design was conceived as the solution to a religious...
- CATHOLICS, INTELLIGENT DESIGN &DARWIN'S THEORY. Cole, Mark // New Oxford Review;Jan2007, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p36
The article comments on debates regarding the claims on evolution, the principles of intelligent design movement and the teachings of the Catholic Church. It mentions that as we cannot set aside the ideas promoted by the Intelligent Design Movement regarding the existence of mankind and god but...
- INTELLIGENT DESIGN. Garvey, John // Commonweal;5/9/2003, Vol. 130 Issue 9, p9
Comments on several aspects of intelligent design. Limitations of the scientific method in studying the experience of prayer and meditation; Arguments for God's existence; Criticism on the belief regarding intelligent design and creationism.