Fact and Comment
- Inside Washington. Wilson, Reid; Englund, Will; Munro, Neil; Krigman, Eliza; Kitfield, James; Maggs, John // National Journal;6/19/2010, p4
This section offers news briefs on U.S. politics and government as of June 2010. It cites the commitment of House Republicans to take ideas that constituents submit to their new website called America Speaking Out and turn them into legislative proposals. There are reports about a private...
- Back to work. Dreiling, Larry // High Plains Journal;1/5/2015, Vol. 133 Issue 1, p4B
The article presents the author's views on various political issues in the U.S. including legislative bills to be signed by the current President, salaries of legislators and debate over nuclear warfare.
- THE INSIDER. Bragg, Chris // Crain's New York Business;6/2/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p0006
The article focuses on the bills that failed to pass in the U.S. which have a significant effect on the state Senate elections in 2014. Topics discussed include Grand Old Party (GOP) leader Dean Skelos, the priorities of the Senate such as women issues and minimum wage, and market research,...
- House Bristles at Senate Compromise As Time Ticks On Debt Ceiling. Altman, Alex // Time.com;10/16/2013, p1
The article focuses on the Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives and their decision to deny a bill that would reopen the U.S. government and raise the debt ceiling. Topics include the Republican's desire to draft a more conservative bill to reopen the government and the provisions...
- White House's GSE Plan Narrows the Gap with GOP. Borak, Donna // American Banker;2/10/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 23, p1
The article reports on the outlook for a new housing finance system under the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama. A plan to limit the government's role in the housing market but not fully privatize or eliminate the government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs) Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae is...
- Prom Queen Anguish: No GOP Heartthrobs. DURST, WILL // Progressive Populist;11/1/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p20
The article reports on refusal of several U.S. Republicans, including Representatives Donald Trump, former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, and New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, to attend their courtship gala in 2011.
- Supercommittee II? Members 'pray to God' they won't serve. Becker, Bernie; Schroeder, Peter; Wasson, Erjk // Hill;10/9/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 115, p1
The article reports on the debate among U.S. lawmakers regarding the issue of bringing the supercommittee concept back, which was objected by the members of both the Democrats and Republicans.
- The ties that should bind the GOP. HILL, DAVID // Hill;5/1/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p14
The article offers the author's insights on the preparation of the Republicans for the political challenges ahead of 2014 and 2016 in the U.S.
- Conservative groups face attacks from Republicans over their motives, tactics. Jaffe, Alexandra // Hill;10/29/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 123, p14
The article focuses on the criticisms of Republicans about the role of conservative grassroots groups as defenders of freedom and the constitution in the U.S.