Dosing guidelines, not protocols, for managing warfarin therapy
- Joint Commission's requirements for warfarin dosing guidelines. Rich, Darryl S. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;9/15/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 18, p1557
In this article the author discusses the aspects of regulations on warfarin dosing by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (Joint Commission). He describes that the Joint Commission's revised National Patient Safety Goal (NPSG) 3E provides strict specifications on...
- Patient safety goals examine anticoagulation, drug-resistant organisms. Lavine, Greg // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;8/1/2008, Vol. 65 Issue 15, p1396
The article provides information on the Joint Commission's 2009 National Patient Safety Goals in the U.S. According to the author, it offers more specifics on anticoagulation therapy and add requirements on multidrugresistant organisms. Pharmacist specialist William Dager reveals that on the...
- Sentinel Event Alert targets anticoagulants. // ED Management;Nov2008 Supplement, Vol. 20, p4
The article reports that The Joint Commission has issued a Sentinel Event Alert on "Preventing Errors Relating to Commonly Used Anticoagulants." Under the medication error reports, the anticoagulants which are cited most frequently are warfarin, unfractionated heparin, and enoxaparin which is...
- Joint Commission issues recommendations for anticoagulation therapy, safety. // Hem/Onc Today;10/25/2008, Vol. 9 Issue 19, p9
The article reports on the Sentinel Event Alert on anticoagulants released by the Joint Commission in the U.S. The alert includes recommendations regarding medication errors and risks posed by heparin, warfarin and low-molecular weight heparin. It was found that most medication error reports...
- New Sentinel Event Alert addresses blood thinners. // Hospital Peer Review;Nov2008, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p144
The article reports that the U.S. Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations's "Sentinel Alert Event" has called for greater attention to be paid to anticoagulant use and management.
- Joint Commission sets anticoagulant therapy safety goal. Sipkoff, Martin // Drug Topics;8/20/2007, Vol. 151 Issue 16, p15
The article reports on the 2008 National Patient Safety Goals that seek to reduce risks associated with anticoagulant therapy. The goals were released by the Joint Commission, an organization that ensures health-care delivery to the public and states that the use of anticoagulation therapy is a...
- Joint Commission corrects accreditation manual. // Hospital Home Health;Nov2009, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p131
The article reports on the corrected service applicability grids for home care services published by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations in the U.S.
- 2010 NPSGs released. // Hospital Home Health;Nov2009, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p131
The article reports on the 2010 National Patient Safety Goals (NPSG) healthcare requirement released by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations in the U.S.
- Changes to Universal Protocol released. // Hospital Peer Review;Nov2009, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p127
The article reports on the changes made by the Joint Commission in the Universal Protocol 2010 in terms of coverage, pre-procedure verification and site marking in the U.S.