Does technology help or hurt your business?
- Jargon Is a Barrier. JOHNSON, ARTHUR T. // ASEE Prism;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p11
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Culture Clash" published in the January 2014 issue of the periodical related to the issue of communication problem between engineers and other professionals due to mismatch of the vocabularies.
- A Letter from the Editor. Stein, Deborah Kent // Future Reflections;Mar2012, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including access technology for the blind, and websites and gadgets serving as barriers for blind people.
- Communication breakdown. Wieland, Ken // Telecommunications - International Edition;Mar2007, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p6
The author reflects on the use of acronyms in the telecommunications industry and its negative impact on the customers. The author reveals that complicated acronyms and technological languages confuse the key business and strategic issues. He believes that defining terms has not been given...
- Rage of the machines. BLAND, PIERRE B. // South Florida Times;3/12/2015, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p5A
The article offers the author's insights on ways to prevent the communication barriers between veterinarians and its clients due to misuse in technology.
- Comprehensive Modeling of Communication Barriers: A Conceptual Framework. Shrivastava, Sanjay // IUP Journal of Soft Skills;Sep2012, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p7
The significance of communication, either in social networking or for managing multidimensional business functions, does not need any introduction in the modern times, with amazing tools and gadgets facilitating the overall communication process. The scientists, innovators and researchers are...
- SHARE AND SHARE ALIKE. Deitering, Anne-Marie; Rempel, Hannah Gascho // Communications in Information Literacy;Sep2011, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p102
Findings from data gathered in a nationwide survey indicated the most important barriers to tutorial creation for instruction librarians were time and technological expertise. Based on the authors' experience, extending the content management system used to build class pages and subject guides...
- On Perpetuating the Momentary. // America;4/30/1960, Vol. 103 Issue 5, p182
The article focuses on the barriers of communication which has been the subject of the correspondence between the author and the author's friend. It states that these obstacles are caused by the innovating mechanisms of communication. It says that the mechanism system is subject to control and...
- Lighten Up on Language. // Governing;Nov2008, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p59
The author reflects on the language barrier that exists between authorities in the information technology (IT) and ordinary people. The author argues that when talking to legislators and other people, there is always a need for anyone to explain what some technological terminologies mean. She...
- Business-IT Fusion: Developing a Shared World View. Malcolm, Rob; Evans, Nina // Proceedings of the European Conference on Management, Leadership;2013, p191
The gap between corporate IT functions and their business clients have been a topic of research interest for many years. Business-IT relationships are complex, with many types of interactions, at many levels of the organisation and between both individuals and business units. The term 'fusion'...