Collecting the Pirate Booty
- Foreign Debt: the Case for Bank Regulation. Finch, David // IPA Review;Winter90, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p28
Proposes tighter regulation of banks as solution to Australia's problem on foreign debts. Why private borrowing matters; Justification for banking regulation; Option presented by fiscal policy.
- Seeing the forest. // ABA Banking Journal;Nov89, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p96
Examines the role of banking industry in the economic health of the country. Causes of high school dropouts; Function of international debtors; Solution on the increase of drug abuse.
- As safe as banks? // Accountancy;Aug1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1092, p1
Editorial. Comments on the banking problems of the U.S. and Great Britain in the 1980s. Difficulties of British secondary banks due to the collapse of the British property sector; Efforts by the International Monetary Fund to persuade Argentina to fulfill its loan commitments; Impact of Latin...
- Pluck the Geese. // Saturday Evening Post;10/24/1931, Vol. 204 Issue 17, p20
Argues that taxation is a slow and difficult process to create additional revenue in the U.S. Reason for the increase in tax evasion; Solution for the propaganda in favor of canceling European debts and the Save Europe campaign.
- Lorry drivers' allowances. Foreman, Tony; Cooper, John A.; Cooper, Stephanie; Kobrin, David; Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;May82, Vol. 93 Issue 1065, p9
Discusses tax and law cases in Great Britain, compiled as of May 1982. Extension in the scope of the Capital Gains Tax Act 1979; Appeal against a High Court judgment which allowed a claim for a group relief as a result of a complex tax avoidance scheme; Date set for the conversion of foreign...
- Credit Reform in the USSR. Simonov, V. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jun92, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p77
Discusses the reform of the banking system in Russia. Content of the credit reform; Relations between credit reform and the country's foreign debt; Solutions to the debt problem.
- Argentine interest deal said to be in jeopardy. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;8/5/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 149, p22
Speculates on a possible delay in interest payments from Argentina to foreign creditor banks. Forcing the issue into federal court adjudication; Reasons for delay in reconciliation of payments.
- Debt crisis threat remains. // Accountancy;Aug1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1092, p9
Reports on the impact of the Latin American debt crisis on international banking. Claims by the stockbroker group Grieveson Grant related to the debt crisis; Pressure on the accounting profession to consider the effects of the debt crisis; Need for bankers to set aside reserves to pacify...
- Regional review: Thailand. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Mar1998, p11
Presents news briefs on Thailand. Evaluation by the Moody's and Standard & Poor rating agencies of the country's sovereign debt; Negotiations among foreign banks regarding the acquisition of stakes in local commercial banks.